I think he uses 2 pedals, both set to one repeat? I'm not sure if analog delays give you only 2 repeats, I think their repeats die out slowly, which might not work. Is it called echo if the repeats don't die out, but rather just repeat a few times at the same volume? I'm not sure. Nevertheless, I say look into digital delays. They might have appropriate settings for what you need.

Or just do like Brian May suggests and get 3 amps, one for your main guitar signals, one for the first delay and third for the second delay.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I know about Brian May's setup, how he uses amps either side of the main amp/amps for delay. However I can't afford multiple amps, so I was wondering what delay I could get. I don't mind getting a digital delay.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Would would be a good pedal for me to buy to get Brian May style delay, like in the Brighton Rock Solo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvsjvdw2qxw ). It repeats two times.

i don't get it.
why do you need two or three amps? or two or three delay pedals?
i thought it's just dialing in more effects level and feedback.
tell me if i'm wrong.
Quote by necrophilic
i don't get it.
why do you need two or three amps? or two or three delay pedals?
i thought it's just dialing in more effects level and feedback.
tell me if i'm wrong.

He explained that in some video, it's so his tone doesn't go all mushy live. Two delay pedals because both are set to full level, one repeat, at different times. So he gets two repeats total. Three amps because one has his main signal, and the other two both get the signal from one of the delay pedals.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.