Hey.

I have a cheap bass and the gayest 5 watt amp ever. The amp can be replaced however since i am not really much of a bassist i am keeping the bass.

So how much is a set of decent bass pick-ups?
And what is a decent amp that can be bought for at the maximum 200 AUD?
New pickups in a cheap bass will not make it much better at all. Put all your money into a new amp. $200 won't get you much better than the amp you already have. If you can push your budget to about $400-500, you could get a nice 30-50w amp.

Also, try the bass forum next time. They also like it if you look at their FAQ before you post.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
New pickups in a cheap bass will not make it much better at all. Put all your money into a new amp. $200 won't get you much better than the amp you already have. If you can push your budget to about $400-500, you could get a nice 30-50w amp.

Also, try the bass forum next time. They also like it if you look at their FAQ before you post.

>_<

Sorry im not normally a bass player so usualy the bass forum is totaly ignored by me

Ok il ask there next time. Is it OK if i leave this thread here though?