im buying a half stack at the end of this year, im a metal player with a metak band bit i do dabble in other genres quite alot. heres my problem, my local stores only stock randal modular valve and solid state, marshall mgs and ONE marshal JVm, ibanez tone blasters and an assortment of POS amps that i would go near with a ten foot pole. so whats my best bet out of those? or should i just go blind off the internet? i want a recto! ha ha anyway help apretiated
Quote by samlocke14
im buying a half stack at the end of this year, im a metal player with a metak band bit i do dabble in other genres quite alot. heres my problem, my local stores only stock randal modular valve and solid state, marshall mgs and ONE marshal JVm, ibanez tone blasters and an assortment of POS amps that i would go near with a ten foot pole. so whats my best bet out of those? or should i just go blind off the internet? i want a recto! ha ha anyway help apretiated

Get a recto then??

umm buying over the internet as far as amps go isnt to bad, since you can porbabily go find people in your town that have it, or at least hear them at a local concert.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
How do you like the Randall modular valve amp? I've heard a lot of good things about it. If you want us to recommend an amp for you, list your budget and what kind of tone you want (if you can't describe it, try giving Youtube links or something).

Also, is there any kind of used market where you live? Buying used is good when it comes to guitar amps because they usually last pretty long, and you can get a lot better amp for the same money. If that doesn't work out, buying online is probably your best bet.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
How do you like the Randall modular valve amp? I've heard a lot of good things about it. If you want us to recommend an amp for you, list your budget and what kind of tone you want (if you can't describe it, try giving Youtube links or something).

Also, is there any kind of used market where you live? Buying used is good when it comes to guitar amps because they usually last pretty long, and you can get a lot better amp for the same money. If that doesn't work out, buying online is probably your best bet.

no used markets sorry
theres not really a metal tone i dont like but i do like killswitch engages tone, all shall perish and kataklysm would have to be my favorites.
my budget is nothing over $3000 AUD and that needs to cover a cab as well
Do thorough research, and by online if everything you have locally is crap. You'll be okay.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Do thorough research, and by online if everything you have locally is crap. You'll be okay.

ive been doing solid research non stop for the past 2 months pretty much
Why a half stack ?
With that budget you could get a recto * second hand* and a Framus 2x12 cab with V30's.
Killer rig for every genre and it should satisfy you tone wise for years and years to come.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
ok i just realised that my budget is actualy 2000 according to parents so i was thinking, valveking head with a better cab and tube screamer? because one of my local stores stocks valvekings i found out.