so after watching the hours and the truman show, i decided to look up some Phillip Glass, i really like it. Very thoughtful music.

Now i've never been much of the classical type, nothing of the remote. But i figured i should expand my horizons and diersify.

So can anyone recommend me some good neo-classical composers?

i didn't know where to put this thread, this being a guitar related site i didn't think there was a classical music thread so...when in doubt..do the pit.
Go Yngwie Malmsteen if you don't mind No-Classical Shred. Other than that, I don't know, as I don't listen to much Neo-Classical, although I would like some recommendations.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by valdean
Yngwie I think.

fail

neoclassicism is an actual movement in music....its not harmonic minor sweep arpeggios on a strat

try some Stravinsky
its hard to listen to but very rewarding
i know some muse is neo-classical but its not very common, but matthew bellamy does do it sometimes
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Stravinsky and Poulenc.

Personally, I don't like neo-classicism, but there's a lot to be gained from it if you're willing to give it a shot.

Also, if you like Glass, check out Ludivoco Einaudi. And just because they're modern compsers and awesome, look into Elgar and Richard Strauss.
He means proper neo-classical, not modern day neo-classical like Yngwie or Children of Bodom.
RULE BRITANNIA
Stravinsky definitely,maybe go for his Firebird symphony by The chicago orchestra then if you like it,attempt listening to Rite of Spring
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Philip Glass is awesome. The films Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi all have great scores.