Can you get free legal downloads of classicle Symphonys,
from,
Ludwig Van Beethoven,
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,
Johannes Brahms Etc..?

I find such music very relaxing too listen too.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Aug 4, 2008,
You can't get nothing for free legally son.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Just by some classical cds, theres so many different people recording old stuff they're dirt cheap.
RULE BRITANNIA
well if the copywrite has run out then you can use it however you want.

tbh i really dont know.

and FYI copywrites on music last 50 years.
not nessaserally (or how ever you spell that) Copyright of the componists are OVER, find something ORIGINALLY recorded over fifty yars ago, then you also can't run into problems with orchestras .... in theorie anyway, I won't take any resposability if it isn't legal and you get bust
I'm not sure about classicle music, but you could probably get some classical music CDs pretty damn cheap in the easy listening section of most music stores.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It would not be legit SG_Dave because there'd be copyright on the recording.

This thread reeks of typos and not only on TS's part.
The composition's rights are no longer active for stuff over fity years old, like Mozart or Bach. But if they were recorded less than 50 or 75 years ago (deon't remember the exact time) then the recording is still the property of whoever recorded it.
okay, just so that we don't have to many repeats: There is NO copyright on the music itself, seeing as it was written aaages ago. To (in theorie) avoid problems look for a recording taken OVER 50 years ago, if there has been such a thing uploaded to the internet. There you have it, and i think that answers it for every body, we don't need the same thing written 100 times
Quote by jjaw
okay, just so that we don't have to many repeats: There is NO copyright on the music itself, seeing as it was written aaages ago. To (in theorie) avoid problems look for a recording taken OVER 50 years ago, if there has been such a thing uploaded to the internet. There you have it, and i think that answers it for every body, we don't need the same thing written 100 times

Thx,now i know
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
You can get the sheet music for free LEGALY here http://imslp.org , but thats useless unless you know how to sight read classical music.

I youtube alot of the classical I want to listen to, but the legality in that is under question. Out of curiosity, what sort of classical do you like?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by SG_dave
i heard classical music never had a copyright because it wasn't needed or invented back then... so if you find some on the internet it should in theory be legit.

orchestras and recording crews still need to make a living
Quote by demonofthenight
You can get the sheet music for free LEGALY here http://imslp.org , but thats useless unless you know how to sight read classical music.

I youtube alot of the classical I want to listen to, but the legality in that is under question. Out of curiosity, what sort of classical do you like?

Ive been using Lastfm site for classicle music might wanan check it up

i mainley asked casue i thought i ''might'' be free to downloads since the music is very old and all the mucians are dead,there by none really owns the rights,ah well Thx anyways
Quote by KingJak236

Quote by Kensai
Actually, now that I think about it, you can find some free classical concerto's (you probably wont find any free orchestrial work) floating around. I found Toccatta and Fugue in D minor by Bach free on the internet.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Just by the CD's. I found "Best of Mozart", "Best of Beethoven", "Best of Tchaikovsky" and "Best of Verde" for a fiver each.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Classicle...l0lz
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Just because the copyright on sheet music expires after 50 years (I think its 50 years from the composer's death) it does not make it legal to share sheet music.

And I don't know what the laws are with recordings, but it sure as hell isn't legal to download it, regardless of when it was recorded.
Search Amazon, you can usually get historical recordings (which are actually better, IMO) for around $5.