Anybody ever have a pen friend? I am guessing most people here are past that era.

For those who don't know what a pen friend is, it is a person who lives far away (in another state or country) that you send letters backwards and forwards to. Obviously such practices have become obsolete with the internet, as now anybody can just add someone else to MSN and away they go.

This got me thinking... imagine if we organized UG pen friends! Obviously sharing addresses online is potentially dangerous, but something could be worked out. Everybody could be put with a buddy, who they could write letters to, then scan the letters and post them here, etc.

Or we could just organize UG E-pen friends. It could be fun.

Yeah.
No i dont but, it whould be cool in a way tho
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I had a pen friend some years ago, but we talked with e-mail and not lettrers. For some reason she never wanted to use MSN or any kind of chat. We just sent each other long e-mails once a day.
I believe it is pen-PAL, my Tasmani...

Oh, right.

Lulz, jokes.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

i was forced to have one by my french teacher and so obviously they never spoke good english, in fact i remember one statement was 'i loves to eat the chocolates' kinda reminds me of skwisgaar.
Sig space available, give me some praise
i had one many a year ago. we did old skool snail mail letters, it was pretty exciting when i got home to a letter.
Pen friends were cool at a time. Just by looking at the handwriting of someone else on another country gives it a very different feeling than what you get by e-mailing/chatting.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
i had a french one once,was pretty crap though
Like the idea of a UG pen friend lol,maybe you could start a group and see how many sign up?
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
I've got two - both used to friends but moved away (one to Scotland, the other to Germany), I stopped e-mailing them about a year ago though, just couldn't be arsed.
I have a few friends that are in the pen.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I had a pen friend, she was a fountain pen.

She left me for an ink well.

The inkwell could fulfil her better than I could.

..I'll get my coat.
Quote by <Craig>
I had a pen friend, she was a fountain pen.

She left me for an ink well.

The inkwell could fulfil her better than I could.

..I'll get my coat.

!