----------
----------
-7-------
----------
-5-------
----------

The main reason is doing killing in the name, and I'm pretty confused.

Also, please don't say 'Play the third string, the 2nd string 5th fret is the same note'. I'm only using that as an example.
"Dude, you gotta pull an "Axl Rose" on them.
Tell them it's your band, if they don't like it, they can get in line and kiss your ass." ~pablo_arg
fret the two notes and mute the string in between.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
play a note and the same note one octave up e.g. d2 and d3

mute the other strings by resting your other fingers on them, but don't push down enough that you can hear the note
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
that depends on.. do you play with pick or fingers?
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone SG Vibrato
Santana Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Mini Twin
Jim Donlup Cry Baby

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
Basically play it as a powerchord, except don't fret the note on the D string, instead, rest your finger gently on the string to mute it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
You have to mute the D string with your fingers:

----------
----------
-7-------
-X--------
-5-------
----------

Just like on C chord when you do (or, at least, you should do) this:

-0--------
-1--------
-0-------
-2--------
-3-------
-X--------
i remeber when my friend asked me this question a long time ago it took me like half and hour to explain and i even had a guitar to show examples.
I understand, don't worry.

And for those wondering, I do use a pick. Thanks for all of the help though! If I can play at full speed later, I may post an MP3.
Tell them it's your band, if they don't like it, they can get in line and kiss your ass." ~pablo_arg
*sigh*

I already said in the first post that it was just an example. Yes I could play THAT chord like that, but almost anything else would be quite the stretch for my fingers.