I didn't think this belonged in any other forum so I'm posting it here. I shall be coming into some money soon and want to get setup very well. Recently I've been getting really into electronic music and wanted to start writing/composing my own stuff. What to I need to do this? I honestly have no idea where to start.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
What is your budget?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'd prefer to spend less than 1,000.
And I'm sorry if I'm not being specific about anything, but I don't know anything about the subject. I want to be able to record guitar tracks and mostly full electronic songs.
Last edited by Gigatiran at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by Gigatiran
I'd prefer to spend less than 1,000.
And I'm sorry if I'm not being specific about anything, but I don't know anything about the subject. I want to be able to record guitar tracks and mostly full electronic songs.

Well, there are gears that are specifically for electronic production, which are different from acoustic productions, so you might need to get a little bit of both. There are a few people on this site who specialize in electronic music. I forgot their names though...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana