I've been playing for about 7 or 8 months and I've mostly been practicing scales. I've heard about pinch harmonics but never really looked into it. This is what I've really been looking for. Except I am having problems with it. I've been holding the pick up a lot farther than a pinch harmonic requires up until now. Will I have to learn to hold it like this forever? I feel like if I play a power chord or something my fingers will hit the strings. Also, I can't get the harmonic to ring out every time. Does anyone know of an efficient practice method? Thanks.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar
just keep at it really, over and over and over and over, then you just get comfortable with it, you dont really have to hold the pick like that the whole time if you dont want to but the transition can be pretty hard in the middle of a riff
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
Keep at it.

I hold the pick in "Pinch harmonic grip" 100% of the time. But when I'm strumming or just riffing I keep the pick slanted so my thumb doesn't touch the strings. That way, when I want to pinch, I just rotate my wrist slightly.

But yea, this technique takes everyone forever to learn. But once you get it you'll be ever so happy. =D
Quote by Jonjy2
Keep at it.

I hold the pick in "Pinch harmonic grip" 100% of the time. But when I'm strumming or just riffing I keep the pick slanted so my thumb doesn't touch the strings. That way, when I want to pinch, I just rotate my wrist slightly.

But yea, this technique takes everyone forever to learn. But once you get it you'll be ever so happy. =D

+1
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
I feel like my picking is pretty sloppy anyways so it will probably be good practice to help me clean up by holding the pick like such. I've just been practicing pentatonic scales and trying to throw in the pinch harmonics. It doesn't sound great but I think I'm getting better.
Gear:

Agile AL-2000
Vox ad30vt
Orange 20b bass amp
SX SPJ bass
crappy jasmine branded takamine acoustic guitar