Hey, does anyone have a better alternative to a yamaha pacifica? u see i had a thread out earlier thats now buried in the forgotten pile asking if anyone had any info on where to get a specific squier fat strat, and one gut told me abut a yamaha pacifica being better. i checked it out and it was actually pretty good! The price was around 250, and the only thing on it that had a overall bad rating on it was its included features (but most of the ppl were comparing them to more expensive guitars features, but i have only been playing for a year and a half and my family is about only 3 rungs up from being poor, and my job doesnt pay worth a crap, AND ive only got probably 300 bucks in the bank, AND ive already earlier bought a ibanez gio for 100 bucks that i ended up hating it, so i dont think a coil tap or killswitch missing from the guitar is going to matter to me, and i think that any guitar more expensive than 120 would be like a godsend to me!) but anyway i need a guitar by october because my old one is broken (long story) and im going to do the annual talent show again (i have a two song setlist- my live guitar solo, which is in the style of randy rhoads and EVH, and then a song with my friend/bassist-our old drummer has turned preppy and wont talk to us and no one can sing in our school that we would want) but anyway can some one suggest anything better than a yamaha pacifica for a similar price and send me a link to it? thanks, and please ppl, no flaming or swearing at each other, we're all musicians here!
The Pacifica I hear is damn good for the price. Personally I'd get that in your position.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Azza Dutt
The Pacifica I hear is damn good for the price. Personally I'd get that in your position.

Oh yes sir, it sure is!!! I have a 112v and love it. A totally like, cool guitar.
I've had a Encore Strat, then a Epi Slash (the one with the skull and bones I bought in 1998), and the Yamaha PAc 112v is much much better. Far easier to play and sounds awesome. Great quality.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by 5150rando
those were pretty good looking, but i have to look them up more.

Check out the reviews on harmony-central.com
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Check out the reviews on harmony-central.com
thare isnt any so i probably wont buy them and plus i didnt see any fat strats.
i signed the petition macker man for the fretboard on the yamahas. you should put it out more because i want to buy one with a maple fretboard! so keep up the good work.
Quote by 5150rando
thare isnt any so i probably wont buy them and plus i didnt see any fat strats.

Try Harder.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
None of the advise are good. Go used, look for some vintage guitar like ibanez rg 550, or ibanez s540, or some charvel with floyd rose, kramers, or if you want a strat find one for $200 MIM but it would be the last guitar i would look at because ibanez, kramer, charver, jackson, from 80's,90's or even 2000's are all over the place, and this are professional guitars, you don't have to change guitar ever. That's enought money for a pro guitar, is just that it would be use but if that doesn't bother you then go for used (I would, always )

EDIT: I'm on my way to get an Ibanez RG570 for $50 with hardcase, strap, and ? (not sure what else he have for me). Ibanez RG from 500 above are good
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by 5150rando
i signed the petition macker man for the fretboard on the yamahas. you should put it out more because i want to buy one with a maple fretboard! so keep up the good work.

It wasn't me!

It was Martin Scott, but I'll take all the gratitude!
Cam Sampbell's my hero