i mean, why? he didnt innovate anything besides his stupid top hat! dont get me wrong i like some of his stuff, but i dont think he's a legend or anything. if you agree, post here, but no flamers! this is my opinion, and if you think otherwise about slash i respect that, just please no flames or swearing.
hes great because of his riffs and solos. Some of them may be be complicated to the point of sweep picking and tapping etc but you cant deny that they are legendary solos. In the same way that a simple riff like smoke in the water is legendary. Everyones entitled to their opinion tho, i personally cant see why people idolize(sp?) John Frusciante but there you go.
hmm lets see

hes composed/help composed tons of songs
Influenced millions of songwriters and guitarists.
he makes whammy effect by bending his guitar neck (innovation)
his hair is sexy
leather pants are sexy
he is sexy
he helped make les pauls popular

idk. I kind of liked an arguement I had a while back as an example buckethead versus Slash. Buckethead can get as technical and shreddy as he wants but slash has more style in his pinky finger than buckethead ever will. His music style is one of a kind. He put up with axle rose for many years give him props
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
and in all defense of slash he does play blues quite well, but so does everyone else
Gear :
Gibson signature
CryBaby
Marshall MDX 250
Never liked Slash, but I have respect for him as a player, as I do with almost every player
ohai little sig.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
hmm lets see

his hair is sexy
leather pants are sexy
he is sexy

idk. I kind of liked an arguement I had a while back as an example buckethead versus Slash. Buckethead can get as technical and shreddy as he wants but slash has more style in his pinky finger than buckethead ever will. His music style is one of a kind. He put up with axle rose for many years give him props
okay i i respect your opinion but the bending neck thing was used many times before (most notably randy rhoads) and even mediocre guitarists like angus young have influenced many ppl and please tell me you are a girl because thinking slash is sexy is a wee bit creepy.
No idea, his not bad or anything but i've never thought of him as anything special.
Slash is a great great guitar player. He can shred when he wants to (paradise cuty) but he does it with style and intelligence, not just for showing how fast he can move his fingers. And he is one of the most rock n' roll people in the world. When Guns was going nowhere all he wanted to do was keep writing, keep recording and keep touring so he made Snakepit. Then he did the Blues Ball, then Snakepit again, and he just made two very successful albums with VR. And now in VR's hiatus, he's working on his1st solo album.

The dude never stops!! He dedicates every moment of his life to rocking the world!

That's why.
i mean, why? he didnt innovate anything besides his stupid top hat! dont get me wrong i like some of his stuff, but i dont think he's a legend or anything. if you agree, post here, but no flamers! this is my opinion, and if you think otherwise about slash i respect that, just please no flames or swearing.

I'm not going to argue you with you, seeing as you say Slash has a "stupid top hat" then proceed to disallow flamers in this thread.

Contradiction much?
Call me Batman.
he is the embodiement of rawk and roll. I wish my girlfriend would have sex with him then i would have sex with her and possibly absorb some of his awesomeness through his leftovers!

that would rock
In Thirteen Seconds
since you all last said

Myspace
Its all down to preference..........everyone is a legend to someone. Take a guitarist you like e.g van halen or randy rhoads. I like them both but some people who may not be into they type of music will ask the same question - 'Why are they legends, what did they ever do?'

This thread should really be closed, its kinda a vs thread.

Everyone who likes slash vs everyone who doesnt.
Quote by J.A.M
I'm not going to argue you with you, seeing as you say Slash has a "stupid top hat" then proceed to disallow flamers in this thread.

Contradiction much?
well i meant insulting ppl in the forum, but if it offends any body for me to think slash's top hat is stupid, then sorry! (no sarcasm)
Quote by Aaron the 4th
he is the embodiement of rawk and roll. I wish my girlfriend would have sex with him then i would have sex with her and possibly absorb some of his awesomeness through his leftovers!

that would rock

dude, you've got some issues, yea slash rocks, but common
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
Quote by clement1
Its all down to preference..........everyone is a legend to someone. Take a guitarist you like e.g van halen or randy rhoads. I like them both but some people who may not be into they type of music will ask the same question - 'Why are they legends, what did they ever do?'

This thread should really be closed, its kinda a vs thread.

Everyone who likes slash vs everyone who doesnt.

well in my first words of the thread i said i wanted ppl who agreed with me, because everyone i know just likes him cuz of guitar hero, and i am dieing to find someone who agrees with me.
Quote by zackmuise
dude, you've got some issues, yea slash rocks, but common

Your not a good rocker until you've had sex with the ex of a legendary rocker thus abosrbing a little of his greatness. I have little bit of dave mustaine in me from his ex. try it!
In Thirteen Seconds
since you all last said

Myspace
so you're asking why people think slash is so great ... and you only want people that don't think slash is so great? i'm not flaming or anything but that's retarded. anyway, not everyone's looking at the big picture. if you wanna look at great guitarists who aren't really innovators, look at carlos santana. It's not the innovation that we respect and for the guy who sez "he's not a shredder" it's not speed either. He's a feel guy. He can do more with 3 notes than most guitarists can with 30. He's a very good guitar player who wrote and played on one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

but as for the "slash has more style in his pinky than buckethead blah blah blah blah." I resent that. Buckethead is different but he is very stylistic in his playing. people who judge his playing as "senseless shred" don't even listen to his music and/or are slash fanboys. he is extremely underrated.
Quote by alekaka
and in all defense of slash he does play blues quite well, but so does everyone else

not really

take Yngwie: f**kin' insane shreder but ****e blues player.
not really

take Yngwie: f**kin' insane shreder but ****e blues player.

Is this another Yngwie or Malmsteen we're talking about? Because Malmsteen certainly knows what he's doing when playing blues.
Call me Batman.
*reported*

this isn't the place for these kid of threads.

your not giantsfan in disguise are you? I remember this being what got him banned...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
this kid i know bum rapes slash so i asked him why he likes slash, and he goes "because he is amazing" so i ask him why he is amazing and he said "because he is amazing"

i think he is pretty lame because his name is slash.... why would you have a name that people say "oh i need a slash, brb" basically he is calling himself piss. what a piss-head
Disliking someone's music because of their image is just ridiculous. In my opinion, Slash has made some good music, which is the point of playing guitar, therefor, good guitarist. Just because they didn't change anything doesn't make their music suck.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
hmm lets see

his hair is sexy
leather pants are sexy
he is sexy

I completely agree. And the bending the guitar neck is really awesome. I'm just too scared I'll snap my LP in two if I do it
Quote by killadelphia222
Slash blew up so big because of guitar hero...you guys know that, right?

Are you f**kin' retarded? he's been a guitar icon since the late 80s.

guitar hero chose him BECAUSE he's famous. Guitar hero just made him bigger.

great theory: let's get someone who's not really that big of a deal. that'll rack up our sales. (sarcasm)
Quote by nickkkk
this kid i know bum rapes slash so i asked him why he likes slash, and he goes "because he is amazing" so i ask him why he is amazing and he said "because he is amazing"

i think he is pretty lame because his name is slash.... why would you have a name that people say "oh i need a slash, brb" basically he is calling himself piss. what a piss-head

he never named himself slash, one of his friends father called him slash and the name stuck
Quote by killadelphia222
Slash blew up so big because of guitar hero...you guys know that, right?

yeh, he wasnt famous before guitar hero...... /sarcasm
The One You Call Daddy
Quote by nickkkk

that makes no f**king sense... he'slame cuz of his name? his guitar playing is irrelavant. you're an idiot. really people who don't like slash dislike him for the dumbest ass reasons.