I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio that needs to be set up (major fret buzz on the 9th fret), and possibly needs a new nut. I've been avoiding it as i don't really have the cash right at this moment, and i wouldn't trust myself to fix a Gibson. But i've encountered another problem that i'm not sure is really a problem, but i have no idea what the deal is.

When my LP is on the neck pickup, it's just fine. But there's a cut in volume at the bridge pickup. The other day it completely cut out until i moved around a little. What could be the problem? It still plays alright, i'm not sure i'm getting the best tone or volume or anything though.
My les paul also does this, when i swith to the neck pickup, the volume disappears and i have to toggle the switch about ten times before it starts working................very annoying. So if anyone knows what it is/how to fix it.
The volume absolutely disappears? That's really strange -- mine just lowers in volume, it never straight out disappears.

So is this a typical Gibson thing?
Dodgy/dirty selector switch is most likely here, followed by dodgy wiring.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Dodgy/dirty selector switch is most likely here, followed by dodgy wiring.

absolutely correct.

put a drop of some contact cleaner that you're comfty with on the toggle switch crank it up and down for several times. That should do the trick. Sometimes I also use lighter fluid. Its much cleaner and dries out quickly.
I have a similar problem with my LPS, i have some servisol cleaner in the garage so will try that next time i'm in there and report back.

mine is worst in the centre position, and i get the odd crackle in the bridge position- neck one (which i mainly use) is fine, which is why I keep putting it off
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Quote by camotehead
absolutely correct.

put a drop of some contact cleaner that you're comfty with on the toggle switch crank it up and down for several times. That should do the trick. Sometimes I also use lighter fluid. Its much cleaner and dries out quickly.

Zippo nafta based stuff?
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!