I was looking at the power tab for Laid to Rest by Lamb of God and I was counting along with it as in 123,123,123... but thats 6/8 timing I suppose. But then the tab says 4/4 timing so that must mean I should count as in 1234,1234,... So what is the correct timing then? To me it sounds like it has a triplet feel for some reason. I dont know I may be wrong.
Quote by swordsman14
I was looking at the power tab for Laid to Rest by Lamb of God and I was counting along with it as in 123,123,123... but thats 6/8 timing I suppose. But then the tab says 4/4 timing so that must mean I should count as in 1234,1234,... So what is the correct timing then? To me it sounds like it has a triplet feel for some reason. I dont know I may be wrong.

if every 123 is a measure that's 3/4, but I dont know...it does seem to be in 4/4 though,
6/8
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
Quote by Nolly
Sounds like 4/4 with triplet feel to me.

Only intelligent response in this thread yet.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
It's 4/4 but the guitar riff is counting with a triplet feel.

Edit: Too late

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by Nolly

This.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Nolly

This guy's right.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

So, since its in 4/4 timing I suppose, would I count the whole song as in 123,123,123,...?
Nolly's got it.

LOG have some sick rhythms going on. BTW, what's the time signature for Ashes of the Wake? I was listening to WSOU's traffic update, and it was playing in the background, but all I could really hear was the drum track and the guitars faintly, and i guessed i never really listened to the the rhythm of it, but it seems like either the guitars are slightly ahead, or the drums are slightly behind, kind of like in Converge's "Eagles Become Vultures". Confirmation?
Quote by Doodleface
Only intelligent response in this thread yet.

but isnt that 6/8? :|
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
but isnt that 6/8? :|

Not really no; the drums keep a continuous 4/4 beat at a relatively slow tempo while the guitars play in 8th note triplets, if the drums had the same kind of feel as the guitar parts then it would be 6/8 or 12/8.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by swordsman14
So I would count it as in 123,123,123... throughout the whole song?

No you should count 1,2,3,4 counting one beat for each of the 123s you talk about. Until right at the end where you would switch to 1,2,3,1,2,3 when the lyrics 'If There Was A Day I Could Live' come in as the time signature changes there. Then with the outro of the song you'd switch back to 1,2,3,4.
If you're not sure what I mean i can rephrase it if you want

Edit:
Quote by Nolly
It does actually change to 3/4 near the end for a bit. 3:03 - 3:32

that's the part you'd count 1,2,3,1,2,3
That would be good if you can rephrase that just so that I can get a better feel for it when I learn the song. Also, how would you count other time signatures like 6/8 or any wierd ones and exactly why is the song in 4/4 timing instead of 3/4, are you listening to the drums not the guitar?
Quote by swordsman14
That would be good if you can rephrase that just so that I can get a better feel for it when I learn the song. Also, how would you count other time signatures like 6/8 or any wierd ones and exactly why is the song in 4/4 timing instead of 3/4, are you listening to the drums not the guitar?

You count it as

1 2 3, 2 2 3, 3 2 3, 4 2 3

where the numbers in bold are the four beats of the bar.

Yes, you follow the drums rather than the guitar. It would only take slight changes to the accenting to give the whole track a 6/8 (or 12/8) feel.