any one pls help me..
i play bass guitar but i dont know any chords from a bass guitar or a guitar..
i just know how to read tabs..
but i want to learn a bass guitar chords.
could any one help me..
i need a bass chord chart and diagram in tabs if you know what i mean..
pleas..i really need it..thanks
The best way is to first learn the names of all the notes on the fretboard, then to learn about scales, particularly the major scale. Then learn about chord construction, and various chords' formuale, then to put the two together. There are plenty of threads about scales and chord construction around so just have a quick search.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
fyi chords are the same on guitar and bass. You just have less strings. There are some good chord lessons on ug. I suggest you look at them.
can u tell me the links of the threads that can teach me from the basic
Quote by food1010
fyi chords are the same on guitar and bass. You just have less strings. There are some good chord lessons on ug. I suggest you look at them.

They're not the same. If you try playing a G chord in the same position as guitar, it's going to sound like garbage due to the octave difference.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by deadnote
can u tell me the links of the threads that can teach me from the basic

You have not tried hard enough on your own, at all, period...
Quote by Hergiswi
They're not the same. If you try playing a G chord in the same position as guitar, it's going to sound like garbage due to the octave difference.

They are the same. Some chords just sound bad on bass because in those low frequencies it just gets muddy. Nature of the instrument.
Dear god learn how to type, your in the bass forum now.

Quote by Zycho
They are the same. Some chords just sound bad on bass because in those low frequencies it just gets muddy. Nature of the instrument.

This
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yeah, but you can't just use the same structures of chords. You need to use different frets. For example:

G--12------
D--14------
A--15------
E----------

This could be E major, as opposed to

G--1---
D--2---
A--2---
E--0---

which would sound like garbage. I'm not disagreeing with your theory or anything, just saying that you'd need to use different structures to get a better sound.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by Hergiswi
Yeah, but you can't just use the same structures of chords. You need to use different frets. For example:

G--12------
D--14------
A--15------
E----------

This could be E major, as opposed to

G--1---
D--2---
A--2---
E--0---

which would sound like garbage. I'm not disagreeing with your theory or anything, just saying that you'd need to use different structures to get a better sound.

G--12------
D--14------
A--15------
E----------

Isn't this a C major?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.

G--12------
D--14------
A--15------
E----------

Isn't this a C major?

****. I knew I had to mess something up in this thread.
Quote by Yerjam