Ok, I think I'm suffering from the dreaded GAS. Bought a weeping demon wah and a super-overdrive this weekend. Both great pedals, the weeping demon kicks ass, super adjustable, not to mention looking like a alien weapon. Now I have two pedals left on my list; an EQ, probably the Fish and Chips because of the price, and a Boss RC-2 Looping station. Then after starving for several weeks because I spent all my money on effects I'll be looking for a fuzz, and maybe an octave. Oh, yah and I'm starting to think I might like a reverb as well.

I have the Peavey Windsor half stack, so I NEED a good EQ to work some things out, so first off give me some thoughts on the fish and chips, so far I've heard good things. Secondly, how do you guys not spend $100 a week on pedals, I feel like I could buy pedals once a week for a year and not have enough. Lastly, my amp has an effects loop, right now I'm not using it just going into the overdrive then the wah then the preamp. After adding an EQ and a Looper what would the best signal chain be, I've heard the Fish and Chips is picky about signal chain.

Just looking for some thoughts, what I need, what I just think I need, what's on your list, etc?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
put the eq in your loop, i dont know about the boss though

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I envy you.
I wish I had job - but I'd rather stay at home to be honest.

I really need an OD, EQ, maybe some subtle effects, a new speaker, new power tubes, new strings, another guitar for playing in drop c (I play hi-gain on my computer), some other guitars as the more I have, the happier I'll be, a bass guitar (for fun + recording), and that should be it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I see you have a Fish and Chips, thoughts?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Return the weeping demon before it is too late, my friend.
RETURN IT NOW!

Buy either the fish n chips, or get the MXR 10 band.
RC-2 sounds fine.
While you're at it, the MXR chorus is pretty nice.
Along with a custom shop phase 90.
Verbzilla is a pretty nice pedal, why not?
Hey! I hear the DD-7 is pretty nice.
Go fetch.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Wow, I said help me, not make it worse. I want new tubes, too, and whoever said a bass is dead on. I'm so tired of using the keyboard to get bass riffs down... not like the ones I write are too hard for me to play anyway (even though I don't play bass.) I'm considering a cheap acoustic bass. I don't think I like chorus, kind of gimmicky to me, same with flangers. I love reverb though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
sorry to barge in, but can a EQ pedal really much a big difference ? like, "wow" difference?
Quote by tubetime86
Wow, I said help me, not make it worse. I want new tubes, too, and whoever said a bass is dead on. I'm so tired of using the keyboard to get bass riffs down... not like the ones I write are too hard for me to play anyway (even though I don't play bass.) I'm considering a cheap acoustic bass. I don't think I like chorus, kind of gimmicky to me, same with flangers. I love reverb though.

Reverb is great as long its good reverb. The reverb on my amp is heavenly (and I always keep it turned on - at around midpoint), whereas all forms of digital reverb are not (yeah - I've tried a lot of them)..
Chorus and flangers are, IMO, pointless. Although they DO have uses. I prefer quick delay + reverb = nice lead tone.

Although, if I had the money, I'd buy everything I can see and mess about.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
An eq pedal can make a huge difference when it comes to tone, you have control over every aspect of your amp, i didn't think my 30 dollar fish and chips would be that awesome, but when i plugged it in, i went to heaven. It's probably my favorite pedal on my board, i cant live without it. Now, I've never played with the mxr 10 band but i think it would be better because you have 4 more aspects to use. But for the money the fish and chips is awesome!

someone told me you have to get to know how to work with it very well though, otherwise it could just make your tone worse. true?
not really, its all just about tweaking, what you need to do is find a good eq on your amp, then set all of the sliders on the pedal at the middle (zero) and then adjust from there to what you like, say your amps a little to bassy, lower the bass sliders, get it? It's very simple.

Damn, so fish and chips is a go then? I'm having real trouble dialing in my Windsor and I never thought $30 might be able to help. I'm not expecting it to be a JCM-800 after a $30 pedal, but it sounds like the fish and chips is a noticeable difference? I just don't want to plug it in and be moving the sliders from one extreme to the other and not hearing a difference, I've had that experience before (in nightmares.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Those Danelectro pedals look so cheap and crappy. I am afraid to stare at them to hard for fear of them breaking.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Those Danelectro pedals look so cheap and crappy. I am afraid to stare at them to hard for fear of them breaking.

EQ pedal is a little different.. Most set it and forget it never to stomp on it again.. Unless your using it as a lead or volume boost...