Quote by Tehzekester
I'm looking to buy a Tubescreamer because I feel the distortion on my Valveking 112 isn't enough. Would a Tubescreamer sound good with that amp for a more death metal/grindcore tone?

Level 10 Gain 0 with EQ pedal and new speaker you can get on the tip of the iceberg but not full on hardcore metal... Thrash is pretty much as high as a VK will go and dip a little into the modern metal realm.
tubescreamer sounds good with everything
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Tubescreamers aren't exactly made for high gain.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
While tubescreamers always sound good, you're probably better off looking for a good distortion pedal with the music you listed.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Quote by Tehzekester
Yeah, I can get a nice thrash tone out of it. But you didn't answer my question, lol.

Ummm I did answer your question.. Even with the tubescreamer the highest metal the Valveking will go is Thrash all the tubescreamer is going to do is boost your preamps a bit and tighten things up thats it. It wont magically make any amp into a deathmetal beast. What tone you have now is what tone you will have in the future just with a bit more gain and tightness.
Quote by apollo66
While tubescreamers always sound good, you're probably better off looking for a good distortion pedal with the music you listed.

Well, what would be a good distortion pedal for playing music like those bands?
go to the store and find the effects display and start trying them out.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
tube screamer is more chunky sounding, more bass than crunch. I think you want a distortion pedal, you may need a tube screamer also tho to fill out the sound and really push your VK. I hear great things about the metal muff...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!