alright and i'm pretty damn sure, but correct me if i'm wrong, but double locking tremelo's allow you to increase and not just lower the pitch on notes, correct?
yea, thats what they're there for... but you can only raise in pitch if your tremolo is floating... not flush mounted EVH style
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
should be, but you're asking a couple of different questions there.

double-locking refers to the string's being clamped at both the bridge and nut. It doesn't say anything about the amount of up-pull.

a recessed floyd rose (or similar) will have the most amount of up-pull... some of the guitar's body is routed out to leave a cavity, for maximum up-pull. as far as i'm aware, both the schecter and jackson are like this. I have heard (somewhere) that the schecter's route isn't all that deep, but that's hearsay and I haven't been able to corroborate that myself personally.

sometimes they aren't recessed (e.g. on charvels and older kramers); if this is the case, the trem can still be set up to float, but you'll only get maybe a semi-tone of up-pull. alternatively, on non-recessed floyds, you can also screw the trem tight to the top of the guitar, so you only can dive. Much like strat trems, in both instances of the non-recessed version.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?