I'm looking for A new guitar in the $200-350 range. So far, all i've found is a Danelectro Dano '63. Any ideas, opinions, suggestions, comments? I'm new at guitar, but my old one is shot. I know a few simple riffs and chords, but no full songs.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Seriously go used. At $350 you can really get a nice guitar. i just picked up a Dean hardtail for $275 2 years old. This thing is loaded. Looks brand new.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Agile AL 2000 if you like the les paul look, or you might be able to get a 3000. I just got my AL 2000 today and its awesome!! go to rondomusic.com to check out the AL 3000
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
If you're into metal, buy a Jackson!!!
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
go used and get like a mim fender strat
very good intermidiate/step up guitar
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Quote by RabbidWolf
Agile AL 2000 if you like the les paul look, or you might be able to get a 3000. I just got my AL 2000 today and its awesome!! go to rondomusic.com to check out the AL 3000

i hate you

i'm still saving....
O O

___
Quote by FlyingV666
If you're into metal, buy a Jackson!!!

not at $350 you don't, unless it's used.
TS, look into some Kramers, and there are a couple Epiphone prophecy's in your range (The EM-2's are in your range, the Floyd-equipped one is $400, $50 over your budget), also maybe some Squiers (Classic Vibe/Vintage Modified series)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What kind of music are you planning on playing? You could get a used Fender MIM Strat for under $350.
Quote by The Picker
What kind of music are you planning on playing? You could get a used Fender MIM Strat for under $350.

Exactly used MIM strats and tele's go for $250 around here. No way I'd get a new guitar in that price range when a little hunting will get you something that sold for between $650 and $800
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by TheBax
i hate you

i'm still saving....

dude it's amazing! keep saving, and don't even look at any other guitar in that price range
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
dude it's amazing! keep saving, and don't even look at any other guitar in that price range

oh... you don't have to worry about that, haha. I've heard NOTHING but great things about every agile guitars. And i'm getting that one, because money's tight, and it's (from mosts' opinions) the best for it's price.

Now, go play your FANCY new guitar! lol.
O O

___
yeah i just got the mim strat last week and putting in a hot rail MAIDEN HERE I COME!
yeah but nice guitar i got mine 300$ used at gc
Big thanks to everyone who posted. I'm gonna go with the Agile AL 2000 in natural finish.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.