http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Spalted-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879

I've been looking around for an upgrade guitar lately, and i've been looking at fenders and les pauls. I want something for cleaner stuff. I have a tight budget, so for a les paul i would have to go Epi, and i'm not completely sure i want to.

Anyway, i saw this online, and its double humbucker with coil-split. I've been looking for a really versatile guitar, because i can't decide between the single coil and humbucker tones, i love 'em both.

Anyway, how would the guitar be? Would it be as versatile as i would like? Is it worth the money? Anyone have any experience with it? Thanks.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
look up Michael Kelly Patriot Custom guitars on musiciansfriend, I've heard nothing but good about them.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Mslaubinger18
This is a decent guitar, you should probably look at just getting a standard telecaster if you want a telecaster, but here is a GIBSON les paul for $850, which is much more versatile than a telecaster.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536

I like the telecaster necks, and the way they feel, but i like the les paul sound a bit more, and i still want single coil sounds.. so i'm kinda stuck..

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Spalted-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879

I've been looking around for an upgrade guitar lately, and i've been looking at fenders and les pauls. I want something for cleaner stuff. I have a tight budget, so for a les paul i would have to go Epi, and i'm not completely sure i want to.

Anyway, i saw this online, and its double humbucker with coil-split. I've been looking for a really versatile guitar, because i can't decide between the single coil and humbucker tones, i love 'em both.

Anyway, how would the guitar be? Would it be as versatile as i would like? Is it worth the money? Anyone have any experience with it? Thanks.

I'd buy that in a heart beat.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
I'd buy that in a heart beat.

haha thats what i was thinking, i just couldnt find it at my local GC.
i'd much rather play it to know what its like before buying..

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
haha thats what i was thinking, i just couldnt find it at my local GC.
i'd much rather play it to know what its like before buying..

That's always scary. the closest thing I've played to that is a 72 reissue with humbuckers and it was sweet. the looks of the one you posted is sweeter. Up to you, but i'd risk it on that one. I've bought 6 guitars blind on the internet without regret, but it's certainly your call on this one.

edit: Oh, and thanks alot, you just gave me some really bad GAS!!!
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 4, 2008,
Just because it's GIBSON, eh?

I personally think that Telecaster looks more versatile. But then again, Fenders and Gibsons aren't the only two guitar companies.

If I was you, I'd get an HSS Strat, I do believe. A MIM Strat can definitely hold its own.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Just because it's GIBSON, eh?

I personally think that Telecaster looks more versatile. But then again, Fenders and Gibsons aren't the only two guitar companies.

If I was you, I'd get an HSS Strat, I do believe. A MIM Strat can definitely hold its own.

I'm talking about the tele,
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
That's always scary. the closest thing I've played to that is a 72 reissue with humbuckers and it was sweet. the looks of the one you posted is sweeter. Up to you, but i'd risk it on that one. I've bought 6 guitars blind on the internet without regret, but it's certainly your call on this one.

edit: Oh, and thanks alot, you just gave me some really bad GAS!!!

You're welcome.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX