Hi guys ive always considered myself to be more of a rhythm guitarist but ive recentley started to concentrate on playing more lead and improving my techinique.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good solos to practise that will not only be good to learn but also help my technique, for example, COMFORTABLY NUMB by pink floyd, because it has a lot of bends, hammer-ons, pull-offs stuff to help me get better!

Id say im around the intermediate level, i cant shred but then again im not really into metal, i normally just play oasis, rhcp type stuff, not too hard but good music.

feel free to suggest anything though that will help me!

cheers
Well, if you wanna get into soloing, maybe start off with some basic solos. I see you like RHCPs, so maybe Californication or if that's too easy, Dani California.

Then maybe work up in complexity and maybe do some classic rock stuff like Back In Black by AC/DC, and stuff like that. Or you could learn to improvise.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
do you want like crazy fast solos?? or like soulful solos?? cause if ye want fast crazy mindblowing solos that would destroy both your strings and fingers i suggest joe satriani or vinnie moore
Thanks for the quick responses!!!

I can play californication solo and dani california up until the fast part at the end i normally improvise around that part haha partly coz im not quick enough with the bends and pull offs!!

I can play the back in black solo about 75% of the way through then it gets a bit quick 4 me. I think im best off slowing things down and then speeding it up until i can get it up to speed!

I generally like all sorts off music but prefer soulfull solos to lighting fast 100 notes per second solos!
I find that "Hey" by the RHCP from Stadium Arcadium has some really soulful parts in it; the interlude (which requires a bit of technique, but easy to pull off) and also the solo. Fun song to play, too ^ ^
Bruce Springsteen - Badlands, simple and sweet as!

Cream - Sunshine of your love.

Free - Fire and Water.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Tomo J O
Bruce Springsteen - Badlands, simple and sweet as!

Cream - Sunshine of your love.

Free - Fire and Water.

If you choose to do that, you'll have to learn the live one. Kossof layers the guitars in the studio ones.

And maybe Highway To Hell then, or maybe Fool For Your Loving by Whitesnake. Not the Steve Vai one, mainly cause it's rubbish, but the classic one with Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody. You might be able to get that one. It may be a bit fast, but the live one's okay. And maybe Still In Love With You by Thin Lizzy, (the live one ) that's another good 'un.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Why not learn some theory? That helped me a LOT when coming to soloing and makes learning solos much easier too.
listen to some maiden there excellent soloists at decent paces. its not like the crap today lot of bends hammer ons pull offs runs you know the works
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
songs that helped me a bit with solos (incoporating heavy vibrato/slides alt or economy picking) are sweet child o mine (by Guns n Roses, maiden mother crone (by The Sword) and Cities in flames (Blue Oyster Cult) i think of these as beginner intermed solos for earlier stages.