Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Oh c'mon people! Credit where it's due. He can certainly play.
Whether it's your type of music or not is another matter .
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
but.......

.....it isnt music.

its notes.

chromatically played notes.

widly widly widly widly

Im sorry, but there is no skill in playing notes quickly.
if it is: EVERYBODY can play piano.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
but.......

.....it isnt music.

its notes.

widly widly widly widly

Im sorry, but there is no skill in playing notes quickly.
if it is: EVERYBODY can play piano.

*Cough* jealousy *cough*.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
ok, i give up. Its all your thread. Im not even interested.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Lol maybe wait till the damn video starts and the music starts after the begining which is just some solo notes.."Caugh" ignorance on the chromatically played notes lofl
Listen to the improvisation part dammt lol patients!! if after 5 minuets its crap then hahah yeah alrighty then lofl!!
Malmsteen had better technique in the 80s...
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
To me it sounds like a swarm of bee's, its his tone mostly. Over-processed, sounds like crap. Is he fast and does it take a lot of talent to achieve that? Yes, but to me its not very musical. Its not the type of music I'd put my headphones to and rock out sorry. My opinion.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
He sure can play fast, but as LP_CL did say, it is utter crap. Horrible tone, random shredding and scales.

To Gabriel... I really doubt anyone can be jealous of that. Fast, yes. Sounds good? No. Boring? Yes.

I'm sorry, as fast as he is, it's kind of crap.

EDIT: I lol'ed at the little message that appears at around 7:30.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Aug 4, 2008,
just................why?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

EIther way this is him playing a full shred song top to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q8rU-13eC4

"snt music.

its notes.

widly widly widly widly"

I missed a lot of those chromatic notes you refer to! lol You sure saw the right vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGuXfMijZKY

Lastly I loved the vid mostly because of the way he effortleslly improvised some very sick style of playing. Lots of ignorance goin around here hahahaa
Last edited by sweepking666 at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by sweepking666
EIther way this is him playing a full shred song top to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGuXfMijZKY

"snt music.

its notes.

widly widly widly widly"

I missed a lot of those chromatic notes you refer to! lol You sure saw the right vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGuXfMijZKY

Lastly I loved the vid mostly because of the way he effortleslly improvised some very sick style of playing. Lots of ignorance goin around here hahahaa

Irony is going to bag you so hard you'll sound like a squirrel after huffing a balloon full of helium if this is the only kind of music you listen to.

We aren't ignorant of the fact he has "chops", it's the fact that it just seems like... passionless, mindless shredding. Of course, some people dig that.
The whole idea was to demonstrate s relatively underrated SHRED player yes i'm sure that word has quite a bad stigma attached---, with way above the normal technical and speed virtuoso capabilities who had some classy phrasing and is overall impressive and pretty damn good. That 9 minuet video was enough to demonstrate that Imo. Sure he is crazy fast but his note choice, passion and phrasing not always common to striaght shred--- just listen to how he jammed the blues; how he jammed to "Layla" and "White ROom" total improv along with some of the other tunes...being an avid shred guitar player myself that does not "suck" too badly and who found the video phenomenal (And a bit humorous) and is also very familiar with the known names, Vai, Malsteen Guthrie etc..I'd thought it might be well received... Wrong lofl ..no matter it left an impact on me. Judging from 99 percent of the **** you see on youtube this guy is in a class of his own. That video or videos now were pretty awesome in my view. Andy hopefully some others gained some from them as well!
he can play. but i doubt if he can still kick in the air or shuffle around energetically on stage while playing his style.
Quote by camotehead
he can play. but i doubt if he can still kick in the air or shuffle around energetically on stage while playing his style.

ROFL
A couple of very short tuneful licks, but most of it was total rubbish. He can play fast, but Fast + Tuneless = Sh*te

He was pretty sloppy too.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Look dudes, if you really like wanking off on shred, do it on an artist that is worth it. Like Paul Gilbert. It's time that some kids learn to recognise good stuff among a ****load of crap.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by sweepking666
HAHAHA good one! let's see how "clean" you play!

Nice work on the quoting

You can hear that he lets other strings ring, creating dissonance. That's sloppy.

Look, we can all see that you love this guy vewy vewy much but if you can't see his flaws then you're just blind/deaf/an idiot.
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Oh yeah i forgot it's not about the playing it's the attitude about shuffling around and kickin lofl and having a guitar strap down to your knees and acting cool that counts not the actual playing ability ! Who needs to use a pinky and who cares about having your guitar tuned or slopping it up cause you suck ...my bad totally forgot about how guitar music has devolved over the years lofl It's the kids yeah that are suffering that is for sure cause now days guitar teachers suck balls themselves teaching the latest song from green day or oh my bad what's it now disturbed or something? i'm so out of touch with the lower standards now days lofl thank God!!
Quote by sweepking666
Oh yeah i forgot it's not about the playing it's the attitude about shuffling around and kickin lofl and having a guitar strap down to your knees and acting cool that counts not the actual playing ability ! Who needs to use a pinky and who cares about having your guitar tuned or slopping it up cause you suck ...my bad totally forgot about how guitar music has devolved over the years lofl It's the kids yeah that are suffering that is for sure cause now days guitar teachers suck balls themselves teaching the latest song from green day or oh my bad what's it now disturbed or something? i'm so out of touch with the lower standards now days lofl thank God!!

Wow. Just wow. When did I say "shuffling and kicking lofl" was better than being able to play? Don't for one second make that assumption about me. I don't play with my guitar down to my knees, I have it quite high as it is far more comfortable. I use my pinkie ALL the time, 4 fingers are better than 3 after all.

What does "lofl" even mean anyway?
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Sweepking, just shut it, you are making it worse.
That dude on the vid isnt a big light in the world of guitarists, thats clear for every one. He is one of the examples how shred SHOULD NOT be.

P.S. best thing to do is to delete your account and come back with a name less pathetic.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Personally I like shred; I have no problem whatsoever with people wanting to show off their technique.

However this video was, well, pretty boring.

The biggest problem was his tone. I don't know what he's playing through, how he EQ'd it or how it was recorded, all I know is that the final result isn't exactly ear pleasing.

Also, while fast sections can be a great addition to a solo, that doesn't mean you have to shred all the time.

The bends, timing, dynamics and phrasing in most of these solos isn't that great, either. He has some nice licks, but not enough to fill a 9 minute video.

On top of that his fast stuff is pretty sloppy at times; I'm not saying I can sweep better, but then again, I'm not the one posting videos of my "extreme shred improvisation".
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Lofl means laugh out ****ing loud. You did not say shufflin and kicking but someone above did scroll up... . Herman li is sloppy, satriani is sloppy, there are many slopsters out there but this guy is anything but i'm not sure you even know what the word means in shred terms
I wouldnt mind being able to moveabout the neck and pick like he does. But in terms of assessing it for its own worth, I find Rusty Cooley much more listenable - he manages to put a groove in some of his stuff, like Hillbilly Militia.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Also, while fast sections can be a great addition to a solo, that doesn't mean you have to shred all the time.

That, my friend, is the wisest thing ever said about shred. +100000000
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Sweepking, just shut it, you are making it worse.
That dude on the vid isnt a big light in the world of guitarists, thats clear for every one. He is one of the examples how shred SHOULD NOT be.

P.S. best thing to do is to delete your account and come back with a name less pathetic.

Who the hell do you think you are go f u c k yourself What is clear for everyone is that you like to put your 2 cents everywhere lol go away hahaha loser what do you know about shred anyhow? damn
Last edited by sweepking666 at Aug 5, 2008,
Quote by sweepking666
Herman li is sloppy, satriani is sloppy, there are many slopsters out there but this guy is anything but i'm not sure you even know what the word means in shred terms

I explained exactly what he doing that was sloppy, how did you not get that?
His tone is also horrible, but that could just be his recording equipment. He just isn't that interesting, we're very sorry.
Quote by sweepking666
Who the hell do you think you are go f u c k yourself What is clear for everyone is that you like to put your 2 cents everywhere lol go away hahaha loser

It just so happens that his 2 Cents sums up what everyone but you feels about this guy. You sound like a child, hopefully you'll grow up some day. Til then, I'm out
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Firewind Raging at Aug 5, 2008,
Lol, for a *cough* 27 year old *cough*, you do know little about music and guitar playing, AND you suck in typing full sentences. Your name sounds like you are barely 15 and so does your behaviour look like.
Admit that you are a fraud, or admit that you are a retard.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Page 1 of 2