E--2---
B--4---
G--4---
D--4---
A--2---
E--0---

I no that i need my index finger covering the 2nd fret, but how do i cover the 4th fret
use all your fingers, one for each fret, or barre it with your 3rd finger. It's not a slash chord btw, its just a A shaped barre chord.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
barre along the fourth fret with your ring finger.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Do a bar with your finger n1 in the 2th fret and then a kind of an A in the 4th fret
Need a name to my band

Ozzy and Zakk ROCKS

Fuc*ing bad gear:
Squier Strat
Squier amp [from de pack --']
pedal ZOOM G2.1x

In terms of buying:
Fender 100W amp
Dude just play the chord until you think it sounds right and it feeld right
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin N.J.
B.C. Rich Warlock N.J.
B.C. Rich Beast I.T.
Epiphone Goth Explorer
Stagg HK-300 (my first electric guitar)
Stagg Semi Acoustic
2 Spanish Guitars
Boss MT-2
Boss ME-50
Marshall 15 watt amp
Chords like that, I would barre the 2nd fret, and form an A chord shape with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers for the 4th fret stuff.
what is a slash chord?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
do a 5/6 bar with your index and then use middle, ring and pinky for the 4th fret.

^ A slash chord is a chord with a slash next to the chord to denote what the bass note is.

IE: C/G will be a cmajor chord with G in the bass, D/F# is Dmajor with F# in the bass, etc.
Gotchya.... but isn't that just a B major chord?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
bar the second fret completely except for the low e, put your index, ring, and pinky on the rest, as if you were making an A chord.

by the way, this is just an A shaped bar chord, not a slash chord.
lBlUlTlTlSlElClKlSl
My Anti-Drug
kk... i get the point its a A shaped bar chord... but wut if it goes higher? like to an E
This is how i play a simple progression.

Dont worry about the writing on the pic it was for "All along the watchtower" the progression has your 'Slash Chord' in it LOL

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
barre along the fourth fret with your ring finger.

or pinky finger.

Chords like that, I would barre the 2nd fret, and form an A chord shape with my 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers for the 4th fret stuff

Acceptable also, but i prefer the above way. Once you get further up the neck youll be forced to learn the above method anyway as the frets become too small to fit 3 fingers in there.

kk... i get the point its a A shaped bar chord... but wut if it goes higher? like to an E

What if what goes higher? The root note? Or do you mean what if your barred the Low E string also.
Last edited by tom183 at Aug 5, 2008,