Hello to everyone!!

Well i am new to this forum,

I was wondering if anybody knew how to convert a combo amp into just a cab ? i recently got a tiny terror but until i can afford a decent cab i want to use the TT !!! Is there anyone who can give me step by step guide as to how one would do this ?? if at all?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

A.
Well, if you have a combo lying around, check the impedance of the speaker in the combo. If it matches the impedance of your head, then it is possible.
emm... if the speaker is the right resistance....

rip out the electronics of the amp, leave the speaker in, and TA DA! a speaker in a block of wood? also known as a cab? lol is this what your asking im kinda confused?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yeah that is prett much however, isnt there some electronics involved in making it into a cab like the jack input for it and the like. thats pretty much it

basically what do i do after, i rip out the electronics?
you could directly connect the speaker to whatever amp your attaching... or you would attach the posistive speaker wire to the positive terminal on an input jack(the tip), and the negative wire from the speaker to the negative terminal of the input jack (sleeve).

If its just one speaker you just gotta make sure that the resistance or impedance is correct (the ohms of your amp to the ohms of the speaker). If there are multiple speakers you gotta figure out if you want to wire them in series, or parallel, or some sort of series parallel to get the correct ohms you need for your amp
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
alright !! well that sounds quite easy to do at home, well its a carlsbro quite old..infact so old that i cant even find out what it is exactly or when it was made, all i know is that its got at least 15 years.... but yeah that sounds quite easy, however if i was to get the impedance wrong would it damage the amp head i'm putting on (Orange Tiny Terror) or the cab/speaker?
not so much the amp as much as blowing the speaker... you should be able to see it on the speaker or the amp, or look it up.

Impedance is in ohms. Most are 4, 8 or 16 ohms. So if your cab has 1 speaker, and your amp runs at 8 ohms, you need a 8 ohm speaker....

but lets say you have two speakers in a cab. And your amp is 4 ohms, and you have two 8 ohms speaker. If you ran them in parallel, this would be 4 ohms, but if you ran the speakers in series, you would have 16 ohms....

I know its kinda confusing. But using ohms law you know that if resistors (which is basically what a speaker is) is in parallel... you can do... 1/R1 + 1/R2

or 1/R1 + 1/R1 (since the resistances are the same) = 2/R1. So then you take the reciprocal to get the resistance, and you get R1/2. So if it was 2 - 8 ohms speakers, 8/2 = 4.

and with series like I said you just add the values 8 + 8 = 16 ohms...

butI dont know how many speakers are in there... If there is just one... then ignore everything I just said... LoL. If its just one speaker just check the impedence of the amp and the speaker... And if your deadset on this, you can always buy a new speaker, but i know that costs money
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
hehe thankz a lot!!! thats cool, thanx for that very useful, and yeah sorry it is just one speaker so i'll just check all the details and do that, until i can afford a decent orange cab!!!

Cheers
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
not so much the amp as much as blowing the speaker...

That is wrong.
Incorrect impedance puts the amplifier at risk. for example, if your speaker impedance is lower than the amp is designed for, the lower resistance can allow too much current to flow through the amplifier and damage it.

The things you said about calculating impedance are correct and important when wiring speakers.
from everything i've been told is that the speaker would blow... but I dont know too much about that, so I definately would take cedrics word on it
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial