Recently I have been eyeing up the Epiphone Dot. I went down to my local shop and played one. And I have to say, I totally fell in love with it.

However, my only concern was the fact that if I wanted to replace the electronics at a later stage, it would be nearly impossible, as there is little to no access to the inside.

So, my question is - is it hard to replace/install new electronics? I would like to be able to do it myself, as my local guitar company rapes you on the installation costs.

Also, and sort of advice/tips from owners of hollow body guitars would be awesome.

Cheers
I are chav.
It's notoriously tricky to do...or should I rather say...fiddly. It'll take you more time but it's really worth doing. The Dot scrubs up brilliantly.

I'm a huge fan of the Epi archtops.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I got epi dot, stock electronics are pretty sweet but if you wanted to upgrade it wouldn't be that hard to do.
What about access to the Pots? From the pictures, it would seem nearly impossible to solder them on, no?
I are chav.
It's not impossible, it's kinda hard, You use the F holes and stuff, most of the cables are made pretty long so you can take them out.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120