So, I'm trying to record some demos in my $150 basement studio and having some serious trouble mixing vocals. It might be because they're not recorded with a nice preamp and nice mic and whatever else, but I feel like I should be able to do much better than what I've got now. This recording is just up until the first chorus. The effect that I have on the vocals at the end of the chorus is an effect I use live. However, live I use a phase shift pedal to give a "megaphone feel". I used a fuzz plugin to try to reproduce it, here.

http://nmh.dmusic.com/

Thanks for any tips, comments or help. If this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move it! Thanks again
well i'm no pro , never even mixed vocals , but

i think the vocals are not the "problem" , i think it's the music behind it , in my opinion everything(except vocals) needs to be louder , the drum more "ompf" (EQ on the bass drum)
yea then it should sound alot better (again i'm no pro.. but i would try it that way if it was my song)

and +1 what Sora 01 said
english is not my native language
Yeah the quality sounds fine, it's the mixing. Mixing vocals sucks.
You could mess around with some reverb, but I don't think that's necessarily the issue.
I think you need to use a compressor/limiter or whatever the thing is that puts the vocals at a more constant volume. Then lower the levels a bit so they're not quite as loud in general.
Good luck.
Hey guys! As for the volume of the track, I brought the vocals up a bit so you could hear them a bit better, as they're my immediate focus. Thanks for all the tips thus far