hey guys i just started guitar maybe a week or two ago on my RG and have only gotten a little time with it. so far i learned iron man, crazy train, killing in the name of, and back in black riffs. im looking for more easy riffs to learn and all suggestions are welcome. preferably metal or hard rock please. thank you.
You can play Crazy Train and you've only been playing a week? Damn.

Learn Gates of Ishtar - Trail of Tears for some cool alternate picking riff.
Quote by GibsonPlayer34
metallica

fixed.
Metallica is a riff?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by Count William
You can play Crazy Train and you've only been playing a week? Damn.

Learn Gates of Ishtar - Trail of Tears for some cool alternate picking riff.

no i learned the RIFF for crazy train. not the whole thing.

and thnks for the replies guys. keep em coming.
wow you learnt all them in a week? I havent learnt one song the whole way through in two months lol
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Breaking The Law - Judas Priest
Livin After Midnight - Judas Priest
Most of the songs from Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" (that includes Iron Man)
Left Hand Path - Entombed (the slower parts, possibly)
Brave - Katatonia
Brothers Of Metal - Manowar
Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Black No. 1 - Type O Negative

There's a few good ones, some of them might be too hard
smells like teen spirit - nirvana
enter sandman - metallica
brainstorm - arctic monkeys
all of these r by metallica
enter sandman
one
sad but true
seek and destroy
for whom the bell tolls
the thing that should not be
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Breaking The Law - Judas Priest
Livin After Midnight - Judas Priest
Most of the songs from Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" (that includes Iron Man)
Left Hand Path - Entombed (the slower parts, possibly)
Brave - Katatonia
Brothers Of Metal - Manowar
Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Black No. 1 - Type O Negative

There's a few good ones, some of them might be too hard

^^
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by SonicV
hey guys i just started guitar maybe a week or two ago on my RG and have only gotten a little time with it. so far i learned iron man, crazy train, killing in the name of, and back in black riffs. im looking for more easy riffs to learn and all suggestions are welcome. preferably metal or hard rock please. thank you.

I'm assuming you have previous experience with using some form of guitar, accoustic or a friends? Otherwise, RECORDINGS!!!
Just a question, but can you play all the basic chords yet? Scales? You won't get anywhere without them.

Anyway, maybe Fool For Your Loving by Whitesnake, or Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues by Whitesnake aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by JackalUK
I'm assuming you have previous experience with using some form of guitar, accoustic or a friends? Otherwise, RECORDINGS!!!

nah, i don't have any previous experiences with any type of guitar. like ive strummed one randomly before but other than that i haven't done anything. i leard the RIFFS to the songs not the whole ones. i don't see why you guys are freaking out that i learned them in a week cuz they are relatively easy. oh and i don't have a recorder sorry man.
Quote by Lil Macker
Just a question, but can you play all the basic chords yet? Scales? You won't get anywhere without them.

Anyway, maybe Fool For Your Loving by Whitesnake, or Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues by Whitesnake aswell.

well i know the Gchord, D chord, and C chord but other than that i really haven't been focusing on the basics but you're right i have to get back into them. ive just been learning riffs from youtube vids and tabs.

what should i learn from the basics though? just the chords and stuff ?
Quote by SonicV
well i know the Gchord, D chord, and C chord but other than that i really haven't been focusing on the basics but you're right i have to get back into them. ive just been learning riffs from youtube vids and tabs.

what should i learn from the basics though? just the chords and stuff ?

Learn all the basics: basic music theory (scales and chord construction), basic left and right hand technique and, most importantly, learn how to practice. Without the basics you will never be a good guitarist and I can guarantee that.

For metal riffs though just about anything by Black Sabbath is a good place to start.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thanks Zaphod! yeah i just felt like learning some riffs just for the fun of it. you know, to mess around a bit. so i guess i should get back to the basics. do you know any good tutorials for the basics step by step?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_basics/

Get readin' boy!

Seriously though; this lesson is a good place to start even if you already know what's there you should read the whole series just to make sure: you can never be too good at the basics!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_basics/the_basics_part_1.html
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 5, 2008,
You can still rock in america - Damn yankees
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
kryptonite
it may not be the type of song oyu wanna learn but ifyou like it then learn it. itll really help you change chords and get used to changing them.
plus everyone knows that song so you can play it to people and theyll think good things