This saturday Im going to Guitar Center to by my first guitar. I barrowed my friends guitar (fender highway 1 strat) and have two weeks of guitar experience, then he took the guitar back. So I was wondering if you guys had another guitar in mind. Im trying to get a more advanced guitar because this will probably be my last guitar for a while.
Thanks guys
Whats your style, budget, and current gear?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

look on musiciansfriend.com, they have a nice epiphone g 400 with EMGs for 400. which is the price for a regular g-400 i think
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Get the Epiphone G400, stunning guitar with amazing tone!
Sounds great playing anything from The Beatles to AC DC.
Cheers,
James
One day I'll play like Jimmy Page...........one day!
If the G400 suits your budget and style then go for it. I have had mine for 3 years and have advanced as a player and still enjoy it. However the tuners really could use an upgrade by now since they are getting really bad at keeping in tune, but that is not much money to spend on the guitar after 3 years.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
G400 is win. I've said this in every thread anyone's posted. They're probably the top praised electric guitar for a budget on this site, drawing with the Ibanez RG321. They're really fantastic, they look great, play great, sound great and are perfect for beginners or internmediate guitarists.

If anyone starts whining about the neck dive, play standing up for less than a week with one and you'll stop caring.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do you already have an amp? If not you are going to have to get something other then the g400. As for an amp I recommend the Roland Microcube, its $125 and is probably the best cheap amp you will find.
Quote by Flow of soul
Do you already have an amp? If not you are going to have to get something other then the g400. As for an amp I recommend the Roland Microcube, its $125 and is probably the best cheap amp you will find.

Aye, this. The G400 is a mighty fine instrument, and the Microcube will be good for starting to learn, considering it has a few effects to keep you occupied.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i returned mines because the neck heavy was getting to me .. i ended up getting a stratocaster mim .. and i wouldnt trade it for nothing .. except maybe 1 million dollars .. if anyones interested in buying it pm me .. lol
take it easy man .. its just a thread
i own one. i freakin' love it...LOVE IT!!!!

i do plan on upgrading the pickups for something a little more higher output seeing as it suits my transitionining to metal.

and about the neck dive, this is the first electric guitar i've owned, i love the neck dive as weird as that sounds. just that after a solo or something, you just let go and let it drop, i think it's quite asthetically pleasing. a little stylish as well
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i own a Epiphone SG Custom, its the same as the G-400 just has an extra pick up... but i like it so go for it.
I love my G-400
But it's a higher end one so a bit out of your budget.
But still try shopping around for a bargain second hand one.
heard all good about the g-400's, there a good guitar and do look, sound and feel great. Again, with your budget you are probably better off getting this monster over a squire strat or some of the ibanez guitars and all that out there, and lets face it, who doesnt want to own some variety of sg one day :P