I was wondering what you think ? Do you like it really loud?

I was at warped tour the other day and I was watching some bands I haven't heard of, one called Four Year Strong. I went home and listened to them and I love them, but there it was so loud, way louder then any other band I saw that day. I couldn't even understand them, the guitars could not be distinguished. The mix was terrible, and I could not hear anything at all when they were done.

Is this the bands or the sound dudes fault?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
sound dude i think..

EDIT : unless it sounds the same on the internet
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
sound dudes fault...
I like it loud when I play it xD
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Some bands like it loud to a stupid level. But its the sound dude's fault for making it so loud its undistinguishable.
Sound guys fault.
I saw FYS on their UK tour and they sounded awesome!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
They're just a pretty noisy band. Plus the sound dispersion in large venues makes the stacatto attack of the guitars rather unclear.

I don't like it when it's too loud. I've never been to a real gig...only to a gig at school that I was organising. And even then, I found the sound to be much clearer when I was outside of the concert hall. There's no echo, and you actually get a better balance of frequencies.
Sound guy of course...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
the louder, the better!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
and the sound dude's
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
It's usually the sound guy. It happens often with smaller/support acts, because they're first on all the levels haven't been completely checked yet. Sucks for them, I guess.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

Well it's one louder. Isn't it?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Depends on the act.

Bands like Converge and A Place To Bury Strangers are designed to be heard loud; to be felt more than listened to.

However bands like Sigur Ros just wouldn't work at top volume.
Quote by break-me-in
It's usually the sound guy. It happens often with smaller/support acts, because they're first on all the levels haven't been completely checked yet. Sucks for them, I guess.

A friend of mine told me they do that just to make sure the opening act doesn't overpower the headliners.
Its awesome when its loud, but usually i cant hear anything if its loud. Thanks to crappy sound guys
Gigs are supposed to be loud, it's part of the experience, however, it was probably a bad mix as they were one of the smaller bands, and the levels weren't all correct yet, and plus the fact it was a tour with many bands, therefore no soundcheck.
I went to a concert, one of the band was Skid Row. I wouldn't have been surprised if a baby or two died that night.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by slash fan #1
Gigs are supposed to be loud, it's part of the experience, however, it was probably a bad mix as they were one of the smaller bands, and the levels weren't all correct yet, and plus the fact it was a tour with many bands, therefore no soundcheck.

Don't get me wrong, but when you honestly can't hear yourself talk after they're done it's too freaking loud. Other bands were just fine.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
Don't get me wrong, but when you honestly can't hear yourself talk after they're done it's too freaking loud. Other bands were just fine.

Dude, for the Poison/Dokken/Skid Row concert, my friend was screaming at the top of his lungs with his mouth IN MY EAR, and I still couldn't hear most words.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Yeah sometimes bands are to loud. Like the guitarist for one band I went to see got his amp and everything else the way they all wanted, but then he turned up so all I heard was "Guitar guitar drums guitar" and then just noise...no discernible sound, just noise.
Call me Jeff if you want, I prefer that.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Dude, for the Poison/Dokken/Skid Row concert, my friend was screaming at the top of his lungs with his mouth IN MY EAR, and I still couldn't hear most words.

That's because Poison is pure ****in' poison for your ears and won't allow you hear anything once heard.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by tr3nt

I know what you mean, but thats all part of the experience, but then, maybe if you're COMPLETELY deaf afterwards then its too loud, I normally have a very loud ringing in my ears.
Chiodos is like that. They opened for Linkin Park and Coheed earlier this year. Number one, they ****ing sucked. But their sound was awful. There was so much reverb on the singers mic that you couldn't understand a word, even when he was just talking. Then the instruments... blah. Undiscernable.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Maria believe me I like it loud

dop doop dop doop do do doop doop doop dop doop dop duh duh dop dop dop
Quote by Moggan13
Sig it and i'll give you a blowjob
Sound guy for sure.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.