Yeah, so I was re-stringing my Strat copy, and had took all the strings off together to clean the fretboard. Then, I strung the thick E string, but after it started tensing, the nut came clean off and flew half-way across my bedroom. So, how do I put it back on? Super glue?
See a doctor
/immaturity

but seriously you should consult a professional luthier
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag

sorry the title was hiarious...but yeah go with a luthier.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Dude that sucks so bad! Maybe try super glue... though it may not be strong enough. ........ I've never done it.
Hopefully, anyway I'll sort if tomorrow. Still though, I'm not too fussed if it works or not, because it was my starter guitar from 2 and a half years ago anyway, never use it much now. Besides it = Spare parts
were you going for a higher string gauge? if you were, could be that the fatter string was binding in the nut groove which caused the problem. if so, then the grooves need widening out a tad.

anyway, yes superglue should do nicely to fix it back in. use a bit of graphite dust in the groove to provide some lubrication.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Were you tightening the E before you put the rest of the strings on? (just asking) anyway, a small spot of superglue at each end of the nut will work nicely, and it shouldn't be a pain to get it out if you want to change it out later. also have rarely had to file nut slots changing from 9's to 10's
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Quote by ferretjoe
Were you tightening the E before you put the rest of the strings on? (just asking) anyway, a small spot of superglue at each end of the nut will work nicely, and it shouldn't be a pain to get it out if you want to change it out later. also have rarely had to file nut slots changing from 9's to 10's

Yeah I was tightening the E first.
The superglue will work fine, but maybe put a little more on than just a little spot. Maybe a teeny bit more, considering it will be pulled towards the head by the strings, since you're using a higher guage. I think.

It's either that, or spend £50+ taking it to a luthier. Or blue tack.
Cam Sampbell's my hero