Well, I've been looking for a band since the birth of christ, and the two most important things are drummers and singers in my opinion. I recetnly went to a Rock Music course and I found a singer who's my age who has said he would play bass if needed. He plays guitar. I already have 2 friends, one's buying a drum set, another the bass. Should I try make a band with these four people? I know the singer would be totally enthusiastic, which a lot of people I have recently tried are not. I'm incredibly enthusiastic, but what should I do?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
try it. see where it goes. doesent hurt.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Go for it!
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Go for it, the worst that could happen is that you would need to find new band mates if these guys dont make the cut
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Can the two friends who are buying drums & bass actually play those instruments or are they just starting out? If they are proficient enough to play the music you want to play in a band then go for it. If not, team up with the singer/guitarist you met on the Rock Music course and advertise to find a drummer and bassist. Did you meet any drummers or bassists on the course? You could always ask them.
The only drummers are either too far away or are too old. There was 1 bassist, but she lived too far away too. We'll have to advertise.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
do it
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Are there any websites hat let you advertise bands looking for stuff like that?

(I mean websites made specifically for that purpose, not the Musician Ads forum)
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
The only drummers are either too far away or are too old. There was 1 bassist, but she lived too far away too. We'll have to advertise.

Nothing wrong with having an older member in the band, especialy the drummer.
Looks wise, it hardly matters because he'll be mainly hidden behind the kit, but more importantly, age generaly means experience, and seeing as how the drummer is the backbone of the band, the guy who everyone takes their timing from, you're gonna want your drummer to be as experienced as possible because that's what'll eventualy give you a tight sound.

Still, I'm biased because I'm old.
New drummer + new bassist = no rhythm for guitars to sit on. Essentially you may as well just have a guitarist playing with a jackhammer in the background.
You need to get both your freinds who are learing instruments as enthusiastic as you are, I'm not sure how. Especially try and get the drummer interested, as he will be hard to replace.