I'm getting a 120 watt tube which is too loud for home jamming but ok otherwise. I should get an attentuator.

Weber's attentuators look nice, but they dont have anything over 120, which is what i want to safely run it. I do not want to spend alot of money shelling out for a hot plate or whatever, i do NOT have alot of money, period.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ADesigns-ATTY-Volume-Attenuator?sku=189900

Would this be fine?
hmm... i don't know anything about attenuators... but if nobody else posts, just order it. MF has a 45-day guarantee.
O O

___
well i saw a post last night or before on another Attenuator but i was thinking it was even more high end then the Weber stuff. From what I can tell Weber makes motor based attenuators that actually have coil that helps absorb power safely. Right. The other version is more Resistor based i think like the Hot plates but don't quote me.

Have you searched on Attenuators in the Search Bar?

is this for your Peavey Windsor you just got or something else?

Maybe contact Tedweber team and ask on Lead times of the MASS 180?

that's all i got
Well i believe that attentuator you posted is a pure volume attentuator, meaning it just allows certain vloume to actually come out, not an actual dummy load like others.

I dunno how to help you, save for a hot plate?
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
You could get a 100 watt attenuator and not run your amp at full volume. I'm not sure exactly how you would calculate exactly where that limit is but if you run the amp at maybe 50% or so it would still be perfectly safe.
Hot plates are awfully expensive though, for the same amount of money i could just get a smaller tube! Not worth it to me..

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well i saw a post last night or before on another Attenuator but i was thinking it was even more high end then the Weber stuff. From what I can tell Weber makes motor based attenuators that actually have coil that helps absorb power safely. Right. The other version is more Resistor based i think like the Hot plates but don't quote me.

Have you searched on Attenuators in the Search Bar?

is this for your Peavey Windsor you just got or something else?

Maybe contact Tedweber team and ask on Lead times of the MASS 180?

that's all i got

Yes i searched attentuator in the search bar and didnt really get far.

And nope, I ditched the Windsor, and when i get paid in a few days i'm going to pick up a peavey ultra instead.

Quote by johlin
You could get a 100 watt attenuator and not run your amp at full volume. I'm not sure exactly how you would calculate exactly where that limit is but if you run the amp at maybe 50% or so it would still be perfectly safe.

Actually WHOA, I just forgot the amp has a 60 watt switch!! I can do this haha!
Hey either way....congrats. I guess they are going to let you move your payment to a different amp? Don't let them give you that restocking fee business. Is this GC or somewhere else?

yeah *cough* you may need an attenuator with that Peavey Ultra. There are other tricks I think with that amp that can bring the volume down. Still much different than what you are swapping from.
Yeah, i still plan to run the attentuator on the 60 watt switch, because it's still very loud . but now i can just get a 100 watt one and leave it at that.

I only put a little bit of money down at a local shop, and they let me use it to buy strings and such. I'm buying the Ultra from an individual.