Page 1 of 2
I'm looking into amps and fell on the Bugera 333-212 combo, and it was in the behringer section , now is this actually good quality or should i steer away from it, it is the tone I am after, in a sort of a way.

is this worth it? or should i look elsewhere
they are good amps, but tend to have a bad qc...so i guess they are better then behringer because they don't sound like a giant piece of ****
well i was thinking they were made like epiphone and gibson u know like variations

is this better than a vox ad100vt ?
not really, and yes they are better then the vox ad100vt. But what's your budget and what types of music do you play?
Quote by Ghold125
not really, and yes they are better then the vox ad100vt. But what's your budget and what types of music do you play?

well my budget is about enough for this amp

i play blues to rock to metal ( not alot though)

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=17827&PT_ID=44

heres what i would be buying, and i want to do buisness with them because they ship to my area ( i live where shipping is ahrd to get)
Quote by IbanezPsycho
From what i can tell, they generally are DOA or blow up within the 30 days so you should be fine....

why should i be fine?

have you ever owned one, or was this a one time experience?
Quote by ferguson911
why should i be fine?

i have had my Bugera 6262 since jan ad the only that mine had a problem with was that i broke the input jack on it. that was my fault though. i was jumping around like an idiot. there customer service are pretty damn good and had it fixed through warranty service. besides that the amp has been wonderful to me and Bloodshed
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by AndyRevenge
i have had my Bugera 6262 since jan ad the only that mine had a problem with was that i broke the input jack on it. that was my fault though. i was jumping around like an idiot. there customer service are pretty damn good and had it fixed through warranty service. besides that the amp has been wonderful to me and Bloodshed

tonewise??
Quote by ferguson911
why should i be fine?

Because all the issues I have witnessed or read about if the amp makes it past the 30 day mark there rock solid. Most QC issues are gonna be a DOA or breakdown within the first 30 days. So either of those happen you can exchange it for another one. This is the same for any amp usually major issues happen in the first 10 minutes of operation. And out of the thousands of amps out there I only know of a handful that have been bad.
if you play blues to rock with some metal, you might be happier with a Traynor
Quote by ferguson911
tonewise??

AMAZING!
it can rock along side my 5150 II and my Mesa Dual rect

they way i see it. if you get it and anything happens to it, you have a warranty on it. and they fix everything. i did a tube swap on mine and it sounds even more amazing now. gonna do a power tube swap soon and a speaker change soon as well.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

ive had mine since they first came out and its never failed me. Ive read some other peoples failed but ive had no problems. They got a warranty.
Quote by AndyRevenge

I've been gigging with the 333XL and a 412 for a while now and it sounds great night after night.

The build is either hit or miss from what I've seen, but the warranty and most return policies cover that. If you get one, have a tech go thru it and makes sure everything is tight and soldered. Check the tubes etc. Usually very small things, but overlooked - could be disaterous.

Other than that...These amps are friggin' KILLER!!!
Jezz I always hear Berhinger bashing, mine has never messed up and doesn't sound as bad as a Marshall MG, considering it was a $200 amp it really isn't that bad. UG users need to use or own a product before they decide wether it sucks or not I swear.

All I hear from you guys is Tube amp this and EMG pick-ups that... I swear, you all need to try out some other stuff.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
Jezz I always hear Berhinger bashing, mine has never messed up and doesn't sound as bad as a Marshall MG, considering it was a $200 amp it really isn't that bad. UG users need to use or own a product before they decide wether it sucks or not I swear.

All I hear from you guys is Tube amp this and EMG pick-ups that... I swear, you all need to try out some other stuff.

thats why tube amps are well known

i have emg single coils in my strat and i love em

im loooking for this bugera because of the tube distortion which i love
Quote by BeerChurch
I've been gigging with the 333XL and a 412 for a while now and it sounds great night after night.

The build is either hit or miss from what I've seen, but the warranty and most return policies cover that. If you get one, have a tech go thru it and makes sure everything is tight and soldered. Check the tubes etc. Usually very small things, but overlooked - could be disaterous.

Other than that...These amps are friggin' KILLER!!!

agreed.
i had my tech pull it apart the week i got my 6262 in and we soldered all the connections and checked for loose wires and everything. gonna switch out my pots and mount them to the chassis as soon as the warranty is up on the thing. i did a tube swap as well. sounds killer
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

so buying this amp, and placing a few effexts in the loop is wise?

will i enjoy this according to you?
Quote by ferguson911
so buying this amp, and placing a few effexts in the loop is wise?

will i enjoy this according to you?

i would for sure man

id def. get you a noise suppressor as well for the amp. cause High Gain amps tend to come with a bit of noise at higher volumes. like a MXR Smart gate, A hush pedal, or a ISP Decimator will work great on that.

i just use a chorus pedal by boss and my Boss tuner up front and my MXR smart gate in the loop. but some people like there noise reducer in the front. i find it works both ways
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

so this amp will make me happy XD, doe sit work well with emg single pups?, high output humbuckers
Quote by ferguson911
so this amp will make me happy XD, doe sit work well with emg single pups?, high output humbuckers

it should. don't really know anything about EMG pickups. don't care for them to much.
but the amp sounds great with my Dimarzio pickups and seymour ducans on my guitars. even my single coil high outputs sound GREAT. so the EMGs should shred through it.

what kind of single EMGs do you have?
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Well since you don't play a lot of metal, steer away form Bugera. I play blues and rock and tried a Bugera 333 and 6220. Both are great metal amp, but not really good for either blues or rock. I'd get a Blackheart Handsome Devil for that price instead!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well since you don't play a lot of metal, steer away form Bugera. I play blues and rock and tried a Bugera 333 and 6220. Both are great metal amp, but not really good for either blues or rock. I'd get a Blackheart Handsome Devil for that price instead!

I already have a fender deluxe reverb for that kind of stuff, i just want gain.........GAINNNNNN!!!!
well if gain is what you want at a affordable price then the Bugeras are you ticket. TONS of gain man. i don't really use to much of it in my band. i keep my gain on my lead channel on about 5 or 6. and my lead volume on whatever i need, uusally on 4 or so. so im still using a good bit on there i guess and there is plenty of it leftover.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by ferguson911
does it need to be cranked to get a decent tone? or does it perform well low,

its sounds pretty good at about 1.
but it shines at about 3 -4 and above.
but this is a 120 watt tube amp so its gonna be loud.
you could play it at .5 but you will be able to "really" hear the amp at about 1
its a beast man
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
its sounds pretty good at about 1.
but it shines at about 3 -4 and above.
but this is a 120 watt tube amp so its gonna be loud.
you could play it at .5 but you will be able to "really" hear the amp at about 1
its a beast man

is this a P.O.S compared to other high gain TUBE amps, or is it in the midrange. i have a fender deluxe for cleans, so i might be a/b/y ing my setup :P

imagine

guitar -- pedals-----aby - bugera 33xl or fender deluxe or both :O
I have the 333XL Combo, and it's amazing. I did a review on it, but it's seriously a VERY versatile amp. I play in my schools jazz band, and I can get sounds for that, and with the flip of a switch I can go to death metal style high gain settings. The thing is insane for the price you pay. Although I wish is was about half the wattage . I'm thinking of buying a hot plate so I can get some really good tone while still at bedroom levels. The thing is loud. Like VERY loud. But amazing lol

Seriously, you won't be disappointed. I haven't had a problem with mine yet, but from what I heard their customer service is great, so if you get a dud don't fret about it, they'll fix it.
Quote by ferguson911
is this a P.O.S compared to other high gain TUBE amps, or is it in the midrange. i have a fender deluxe for cleans, so i might be a/b/y ing my setup :P

imagine

guitar -- pedals-----aby - bugera 33xl or fender deluxe or both :O

i mean it isnt a top of the line amp so i really can't compare them to the BIG boys.
but in that price range it beats the Peavey Valveking to shreds, and any other lower priced high gain amp.

like i said in a few other of my posts. i use my 6262 as a backup for my 5150 II. somtimes i just use my 6262 on stage and it can hold up tone wise like my 5150 II can. its not a p.o.s. by all means.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by ferguson911
well my budget is about enough for this amp

i play blues to rock to metal ( not alot though)

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=17827&PT_ID=44

heres what i would be buying, and i want to do buisness with them because they ship to my area ( i live where shipping is ahrd to get)

Good choice on supplier, I got my RG321 from there, and it was at my house within 2 weeks (I live out in the middle of no where as well).

The amp should be perfect for what you are asking of it.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Good choice on supplier, I got my RG321 from there, and it was at my house within 2 weeks (I live out in the middle of no where as well).

The amp should be perfect for what you are asking of it.

im trying to eliminate the need for distortion pedals on stage, brining my giging equipmen down to tuner amp cable guitar and maybe wah
Personally, I wouldn't buy a Bugera unless the store threw in a say, 5 year protection plan for free. I haven't heard any complaints about tone, but my personal experience with anything attached to Behringer is the quality is sub par, and has a habit of failing on a whim. Yet some people have good luck with their stuff
Quote by ferguson911
im trying to eliminate the need for distortion pedals on stage, brining my giging equipmen down to tuner amp cable guitar and maybe wah

you def. will not need a distortion pedal with that amp though.

my setup is guitar-cable-tuner-Chorus pedal-amp-noise gate
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by ferguson911
I already have a fender deluxe reverb for that kind of stuff, i just want gain.........GAINNNNNN!!!!

Oh, if you'd said that before...

If you want gain, go Bugera. I prefered the 6220 though. It sounded much fatter to me.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You should get a used Mesa F-50. Will do your rock and blues better than the Bugera IMO and will get a pretty sexy metal tone.

sorry no used for me

+ i gig with someone who uses one so i dont want his tone
i seem to like the bugera for versatility
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sorry, subpar tone for you then. It is great for metal but will most likely lack in the rock department. You could do better I think. Maybe find a Traynor YCS50.

the bugeras do NOT lack in the rock department...especailly the 6260/6262 and the 333s. it can do anything from blues to shred with ease.

take it from someone that has owned it since right after they came out. im a gear head as well. have owned many of different heads, cabs, amps. had a Laney GH100L, a Carvin MTS head and cab, a Mesa Mk II(which i still have) a peavey 5150 combo

my current rig is a 5150 II full stack, a 1992 Mesa Dual rect( the old 2 channel version), and a Bugera 6262
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

The 333XL I was playing on today seemed to do pretty good rock stuff on the crunch channel, I don't see how it couldn't be considered for rock and metal. Seemed versitile enough to me.
Page 1 of 2