Just bought a dual recto and would like to set up a nice pedal board.

What would be some neccesary pedals? i.e type and brand.
I'm thinking a good reverb pedal, a delay pedal, eq pedal.

what are some good brands that will be reliable and not sound like poo!
Cost doesn't matter.

I play everything from clapton to metallica. so think every genra.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Boss, Electro-Harmonix, MXR, are all good brands. reverb, and delay are essential, i don't see why you would need an eq since there is one on your amp, unless you want more tonal control, chorus pedal, maybe a wah pedal.
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
id get a nice overdrive. not only can you use it to tighten up your distortion sound, but you can use it on its own for lighter gain stuff
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah, first get an overdrive.

but for second, i'd recommend a delay pedal, or a reverb pedal... but that's just me.

I've heard good things about the Boss DD-3 Delay....
O O

___
Overdrive, reverb, wah, phaser, maybe chorus if you're into that and a delay is also always lots of fun.

For overdrive get an Ibanez TS9 or Fulltone OCD or something similar. Reverb a EHX Holy Grail or Line 6 Verbzilla. Phaser a MXR Phase 90 or EHX Small Stone, an EHX Small Clone for chorus and a MXR Carbon Copy for your delayed sounds.
the best distortion pedal i have ever played is the HOT CAKE by crowther audio... it has the warmest and thickest sound without sounding like metal their made in new zealand but definitely worth the effort, that said i think now they distribute around the world so i'd definitely look into that.... only bad thing about the pedal is the price....!!not CHEAP
A Tubescreamer (or some variation of) can really tighten up the Dual Recto.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
I'm really happy with my DD-3 and Whammy. If you're not looking for long delay times I think you should get a DD-3; if you want longer delay times look at a DD-6 or DD-7, or even DD-20.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Reverb- Dr. Scientist RRR (sick reverb) or a Holy Grail +
Delay- Empress Super Delay, Eventide Timefactor, Nova Delay, EHX DMM
EQ- Sniper Modded GE-7
OD- Keeley SD-1
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.