Hello, i've got a Digitech Bad Monkey OD pedal, and i'm looking for a power supply for it. And i saw it said to use the Digitech PS200R supply, but it's $25. And people have told me that you can use any power supply, as long as it has the right voltage and enough mA.

I found this Ibanez AC109 9V DC power supply, and it's got the same mA as the PS200R, so that's good. But the PS200R is 9.6 volts, and this ibanez one is 9V. But everyone tells me that you can use any 9V power supply.

Will this little difference in voltage harm my pedal?
O O

___
No, 9.6V is fine. Many adapters meant for 9V applications are in reality set slightly higher because voltage can drop in less than optimal conditions.

A third variable you must watch out for with pedals is the polarity of the power supply, but in this case both adapters appear to have the same polarity, so you'll be fine.
Wait, i think you misunderstood. The adapter that was recommended for my BM is a 9.6V, but all the cheaper ones(and every other ones [the ibanez]) are 9V, i'm just wondering if this will mess up my pedal. I don't want to fry it or anything.... (considering someone gave it to me )
O O

___
I just thought of something. Wouldn't the 9V supply work, considering it RUNS on 9V batteries???

Wouldn't that make sense?
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by TheBax
I just thought of something. Wouldn't the 9V supply work, considering it RUNS on 9V batteries???

Wouldn't that make sense?

Right! Just make sure the plug has the right polarity.
okay, thank you.

This is a stupid question, but... what's polarity?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
okay, thank you.

This is a stupid question, but... what's polarity?

Positive and negative. Hot and ground.

The center of the plug can be either positive or negative.
okay, so the ibanez one should be right for it, shouldn't it?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
okay, so the ibanez one should be right for it, shouldn't it?

That I don't know.