Hi.
Ill cut straight to the point. I noticed that one of my strap butons on my Epi LP Studio was a little loose, so i tried tightening the screw. It didnt work, it just spun in place. So after some fideling with it, the crew just came out. So, now there is a hole where the screw was, it wont screw in again for obvious reasons. Could i just replace it with a wider screw? But for cosmetic reasons i was thinking of just pouring in a couple drops of Super Attak (some kind of super glue i would imagine, since it somes in really small tubes and i never saw it fail yet), but im a bit sceptic if this will be able to keep my guitar from smashing into the ground for longer than 2 days... I made some pics for you, but they kinda suck since i took them with my phone.

Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Get some super glue, some matchsticks, even some rolled up paper at a push. Fill the hole with glue and the matchsticks, wait for it to dry, then screw it back on again.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
All i did was pop a matchstick in the hole, cut it off where it's level with the body then screw it back in. Takes a bit of elbow grease but it hasn't budged since.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Haanz
Get some super glue, some matchsticks, even some rolled up paper at a push. Fill the hole with glue and the matchsticks, wait for it to dry, then screw it back on again.

does anybody have any experience with this? I like it better than bigger screw.
Well, it worked for me. And apparently the guy right under me too.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
ok, thanks guys. I just hope it doesnt fly away at some point, or im gonna have your head ;D
Quote by Haanz

This is the proper way to repair a stripped screw hole.
Yeah this happened to me, same guitar too.

All I did was lay it down, get a matchstick and some superglue, put a bit of glue on the end of the stick and push it into the hole. Make sure you've got enough so's that it'll make a difference but not too much so it oozes out uncontrollably. Just a sensible amount, it is superglue after all. Then wack the screw in, make sure it's in tight and let it dry. Mine was fine right up until I replaced it with my new straplock screws which are slightly thicker.
happened to my bass I just drilled a new hole right next to the old one it worked. I didnt notice untill I tried to do a guitar spin broke my glass table. I check it everyday now lol.
Well i fixed it and it seems to be holding very good. Im gonna keep an eye on it for a coupe of days for any signs if its getting loose. Thanks everybody!