I have a questions... I should know this but i don't... and i dont want to go around acting like i do but i dont. so here's the question. the sound hole doesn't have to be right under the strings for it to make a sound? like if it has two F holes ate the bottom it will still play like an acoustic? or if the sound hole is at the top... like the one in this link

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132073

post #17 or 18

will it still sound like an acoustic?
EDIT: actually will it sound as good as an acoustic? not like an acoustic
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Last edited by shampooboy37 at Aug 4, 2008,
Pretty sure.
my friend has a semi hollow body and that is loud like an acoustic without an amp so i guess.
awesome thanks..
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
so here's the question. the sound hole doesn't have to be right under the strings for it to make a sound?

No, off set soundholes whilst uncommon in mass production guitars do exist and are preferred by some people.

will it still sound like an acoustic?

Of course. Different placing of the soundhole will give subtle variations in tone but its still an acoustic guitar and will sound like one.
Last edited by tom183 at Aug 5, 2008,