I've been planning on building an amp for a long time now, and I'm finally ready to order parts and get started. In my hunting, I discovered the AX84 schematics, and initially wanted to start off by building the AX84 Single Ended Lead (basically the high-octane, but with an octal power tube), but though I've modded my Valve Jr to death, starting off building that seems somewhat daunting, and I decided to build something simpler to start, since I'd rather do it right the first time. After researching simpler circuits, I've had my heart set on building the Fender 5E3 tweed deluxe circuit, which brings me to my dilemma;

Is it worth it to build the 5E3 from the Mission chassis kit (which I've heard great things about) and deal with not having a cabinet for a while (I have a 2x12" cab so this wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I would like the Tweed as a combo),

or

to buy the Weber kit with the cabinet and all, and have the complete amp right away?

I've heard that the Weber kits provide some sub-par parts, and that many must be replaced for a reliable/quality amp, and I would rather just buy a kit with quality parts to begin with. One concern I have though is that since I have to purchase the cabinet and speaker separately from the kit, I'll end up paying even more than the difference between the Mission and Weber kits to begin with, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either, and/or knows if the parts quality of the Mission kit is worth the extra $$? I believe it will end up being ~$200-$325 more for the Mission kit, once it's been completed.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

theres no doubting the quality of weber's speakers - they get a lot of praise. the amp kits, as mentioned, do skimp in some areas though.

apparently.