Parents in UK will receive letters from schools if they're child is 'very overweight'

Page 1 of 2
The government are to start sending letters to parents ifnorming them that they're child is 'very overweight'. As a result of our country's obsession with tolerance and political correctness, the government aren't allowed to write a letter saying 'your child is a fat bastard and is absolutely going to die', even if that is pretty much what they mean.

Our children are the most unhappy children in Europe and we have girls that haven't even grown chesticals yet looking through magazines full of photoshopped celebs putting boob jobs and tummy tucks on their christmas lists. With all this constant aspirational bombardment from television and magazines, you'd think that school, a place of rational thought and one of the key factors in children's development would want to try to perhaps make children feel less inadequoate rather giving you detention because your belly wobbles abit when you walk.

School bullying is as high as it ever was with countless young people being tortured on a daily basis in schools but rather than focusing on that, teachers would rather tell you off because you're overweight and send letters home to your parents.

Schools and teachers have probably given up trying to protect the children of this country and might as well just join in calling you a fat bastard and give those pricks that bully you for being fat a ginormous high five.

What are the Pit's thoughts?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
sit down billy we've had a letter from school

it turns out you'rre fat as ****...why didn't you tell us!!
Sig space available, give me some praise
apparently you've never been to the states
and that reminds me of a show that I watched that showed four different people from the U.K. who were about 800 pounds, one woman would eat a pound of m&m's every day and another guy ate 30,000 calories
it was awesome
I am coining new words like 'misunderstanding' and 'Hispanically'

"Civilization is unbearable, but it is less unbearable at the top"
-Timothy Leary

crit my songs (click on my profile)

"Dear Mr/Mrs. Smith,

I am writing this letter to inform you that your son/daughter is too overweight for my liking."

Quote by ross1234
sit down billy we've had a letter from school

it turns out you'rre fat as ****...why didn't you tell us!!

But mom... Timmy is fat toooo!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Now, think about this for a moment. Somebody's job is to sit and think up stupid things like this. What the hell do they think it will achieve?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Jcore44
I take it your parents received a couple of letters?

No, I'm not in school anymore
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Wait, you said the government is sending out letters if children are overweight, yet you're saying teachers: 'would rather tell you off because you're overweight and send letters home to your parents.'

I think I get what you mean though. It's a stupid idea.

Quote by Psychopathology
Hahaha, because the parents won't be able to tell if their children are fat right?

Some children are 'perfect', according to the children's parents, even if their child is obese. That might be what the Government is aiming. I stress again however, it's a stupid idea.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Aug 4, 2008,
thats a bit harsh
"i am very sorry to say that your child resembles young manuel uribe. take action."
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
If the government didn't do something people would complain.
If the government send letters home the British people complain.

You just have to look at their intentions. Healthier youth means less obese adults, which means a decrease in obesity related things in hospitals, which, not only makes hospitals better and less tax payer money goes there, but also the nation will be healthier.

Edit: All us Brits sit and complain about the fat youth but when anyone does anything about it it's mocked. Instead of being armchair commentators all of you should stop moaning and do something.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
i think that parents would be able to tell if their kid is overweight.that school seems to just be a douche bag
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
I used to be fat, I got stick for it, hell I still am a bit chubby, but the government shouldn't be sending home letters telling you your child is obese, the parents should already know!

I wasn't obese btw!
Meh, I think the fat problem will tackle itself because people will struggle in social situations if they're grossly overweight. As for the "growing up too fast" bit, it's a sad fact of life. But ultimately, if parents and teachers try, they will be able to correct the youth of today and bring up stable, well-rounded people. Unfortunately, for a lot of people, parenting is another way of saying "GET THAT LITTLE BASTARD TO SHUT UP!" (literal or figurative bastard).

My blog is kinda not really related to this. Read it. /shameless plug.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
*Sigh*

The British government are just finding new ways to be pillocks.
As if their parents wouldn't already realise they're fat. They're not gonna be hard to miss are they?

"Dear Mr Smith,
Your son is very overweight"

"Son, apparently you're overweight."

Just no.
The Libertines
And you say were fat? Your government has to send mail out to their citizens to tell them to skinny up to GTFO.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Dear Mr and Mrs Jones,

A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS!
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I was obese, now I'm getting pretty skinny. ^^

EDIT: ^ :HAHA You just brought me one step closer to beating clinic depression. Thank you. XD
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by sg255
Now, think about this for a moment. Somebody's job is to sit and think up stupid things like this. What the hell do they think it will achieve?

I find it ironic that you hate the idea but yet you love bacon (in your sig).
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by rhcp33roxx
i think that parents would be able to tell if their kid is overweight.that school seems to just be a douche bag

I believe it's meant to be a wake-up call, so the parents can't deny it anymore. I wish they did something like this in the states.
I think it's a good idea. I mean, it's a serious concern.

Quote by Glimsom
Dear Mr and Mrs Jones,

A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS!

Quote by SG6578

I find it ironic that you're talking about irony when you don't know what it is.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
did you ever think that being obese is a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that one's caretakers would want to correct before serious health concerns arise?
also, they don't "come out and call your kid a fat bastard" because "of some obsession with political correctness" but because that is in fact RUDE.
Quote by This Is Fun
I believe it's meant to be a wake-up call, so the parents can't deny it anymore. I wish they did something like this in the states.

Exactly. It's amazing how blinded some parents are in regards to their children.

RMF

Quote by SG6578

Damn right I love bacon, but I ain't fat. Hell, I'm underweight to the point it's probably gonna kill me before the cholesteral clogging my arteries. But I know I'm unfit, I know why, and my parents sure as hell don't need to have a letter sent to them to let them know.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by tona_107
did you ever think that being obese is a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that one's caretakers would want to correct before serious health concerns arise?
also, they don't "come out and call your kid a fat bastard" because "of some obsession with political correctness" but because that is in fact RUDE.

I think sending out a letter to parents saying something along the lines of 'not sure if you've ever noticed, but your kid is very overweight' and insulting both their parenting, your child's appearance and your intelligence is rude. The term 'fat bastard' wouldn't even be needed to make it rude.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
I think sending out a letter to parents saying something along the lines of 'not sure if you've ever noticed, but your kid is very overweight' and insulting both their parenting, your child's appearance and your intelligence is rude. The term 'fat bastard' wouldn't even be needed to make it rude.

It's a warning in the interest of the child in question.

You make out that these letters are sent to poke fun, when really, they are sent out to stop the child dying. Is that really hard to understand?

RMF

Quote by Gregoric

whether the act itself is rude isn't of importance, while correcting a very serious lifestyle concern is just the opposite.

it's just as rude that parents ignore that their child has a problem, rather than correcting the matter.
Quote by tona_107
whether the act itself is rude isn't of importance, while correcting a very serious lifestyle concern is just the opposite.

Perfectly succint.

RMF

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
It's a warning in the interest of the child in question.

You make out that these letters are sent to poke fun, when really, they are sent out to stop the child dying. Is that really hard to understand?

I don't think alienating obese children more than they already are is going to help them lose weight at all unless it makes them feel so socially inadequate they're forced to. That's still not a good way to go about it.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Page 1 of 2