1. if there's a proper name for this technique, please tell me because i dont know it

2. i have seen and heard of a few people that use all 4 of their picking hand fingers to tap with. i have only 1 question about how this works really, and it is that how do they get the sound to get through so well? what i mean is, i play with very high gain and have a seymour duncan hotrail, so i dont think my stuffs not sensitive enough, but when I tap on different strings (specially with the pinkie), no sound really goes through. i do get some sound, but not nearly the amount that i would get by doing a normal tapping lick.

is there something obvious im missing or do those people that i have seen performing this technique just have gnarly force behind each tap ?
probably just need to practice it more.
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Quote by xNihilityx
probably just need to practice it more.

even if i was the single best player of this technique of all time, i would still continue to practice to get better

i appreciate everyones insight, but the answers im really going to look forward to are those that will come from people with experience in the technique...
Quote by SpeedLives
1. if there's a proper name for this technique, please tell me because i dont know it

2. i have seen and heard of a few people that use all 4 of their picking hand fingers to tap with. i have only 1 question about how this works really, and it is that how do they get the sound to get through so well? what i mean is, i play with very high gain and have a seymour duncan hotrail, so i dont think my stuffs not sensitive enough, but when I tap on different strings (specially with the pinkie), no sound really goes through. i do get some sound, but not nearly the amount that i would get by doing a normal tapping lick.

is there something obvious im missing or do those people that i have seen performing this technique just have gnarly force behind each tap ?

yeah it takes alot of practice, i started practicing it for a while and kinda got a somewhat good tone out of it, but i kinda found it pointless to use and that its mainly just to show off so i kinda stopped using it
its not so much the tone im concerned with, but the volume.

for what i want to do, i need two things: volume and proper muting. i can't really practice the muting til i get the output level that i need from the tapping...
i think you have to get something to mute the unwanted string noise because you would be busy tapping with all your fingers and not able to mute but i dont know
if absolutely necessary, i would be willing to buy a string dampener to be able to do this...but the first problem still remains.

i will pose the question again, to get the proper volume from this style of tapping, should high gain + hot pickups be sufficient, or is there something more?
Obviously you'll need to develop a lot of extra finger independence and strength in your hands but if you have question the best person to ask about multi-finger tapping is a user called TheShred201, he's the best person on the forum to ask but I think there's a thread on this in the Advanced Techniques forum that you should definitely read first.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
umm that sounds like a good suggestion except im having trouble finding the advanced techniques forum -.- mind telling me where it is? feel like a retard cause i can't find it...
It just takes a long time to build up the strength in your fingers. Don't worry and just keep at it. Eventually you'll have such a ridiculous grip from it you won't believe it.
Quote by SpeedLives
umm that sounds like a good suggestion except im having trouble finding the advanced techniques forum -.- mind telling me where it is? feel like a retard cause i can't find it...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=63

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.