Poll: Have You Ever Been To Therapy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have You Ever Been To Therapy?
Yes I have and I enjoyed it
22 11%
Yes I have and I didnt enjoy it
35 18%
No I have never been to therapy
139 71%
Voters: 196.
Page 1 of 2
Alright so today I went to therapy for the first time as a part of my mental rehabilitation program and to solve my ADHD issue. When i first saw the guy I thought he was gonna be one of those regular psychologists who know absolutely nothing outside their profession.

Turns out this guy is into every band imaginable, from Nile to Korpiklaani to Symphony X and Uriah Heap, plus he's heavy into Philosophy so we discussed for a bit Friederich Nietzche and his Nihilistic concepts (which I'm really into) and since it was just the first interview we got more into my lifestyle and the things going in school and just a basic "how I'm feeling" type of thing.

So Pit, have any of you guys ever been to therapy? did you enjoy it?
Nah I dont really need therapy but its hardly something I look down upon, as one of my favorite subjects Ive studied is psychology. And I can see how it would be fun and/or refreshing.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Kensai
No, I don't need therapy. I repress all my feelings deep inside.

What's the Swedish word for *snort* ?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
i don't like opening up to strangers. let alone paying them to listen to me talk.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Yeah, i've been to plenty of different therapists and things like that, I love it.
The last one was a group therapy thing with a bunch of other fucked up kids it was great, i didn't want to leave.
Don't go out with a crazy chick from therapy though, cuz they are a fucking time bomb.
But yeah, they kept switching around therapists on us and some are cool and some are just horrible.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
I have a therapist.
Apparantly I'm a nymphomaniac
Actually, I'm a compulsive liar

actually, I don't even have a therapist
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
never been, don't plan on it
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Nice man, the only therapist I've ever been to was a useless bitch who was worthless at everything but administering tests.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by iceman_8319
I have a therapist.
Apparantly I'm a nymphomaniac
Actually, I'm a compulsive liar

actually, I don't even have a therapist

Breakfast club?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Not been to therapy but I do intend to attend therapy in the near future perhaps.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
nice! that is what I aspire to be (clinical psychologist :-D), and I plan to make it fun ;-)
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
almost went but wasn't quite crazy enough. must try harder next time.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
I have been to therapy, it was actually really nice. I was having problems with anxiety and panic attacks so my doctor suggested I go. Really helpful.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by The2abraxis
nice! that is what I aspire to be (clinical psychologist :-D), and I plan to make it fun ;-)

Oh man, this guy is really good and the fact that he can challenge you and not just listen to you talk is a really good thing too.
My parents sent me to therapy because they thought that they fucked me up too bad, which in retrospect, they probably did. It didn't really help anything though as since my parents forced me to go, I didnt really go with any goal in mind.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by slidething31
Does physical therapy count?

yeah sure, as long as its therapy really.
so lemme get this straight... you went to the shrink for your ADHD and then you got distracted and hyper/exited talking about other things?

um, LOL?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
so lemme get this straight... you went to the shrink for your ADHD and then you got distracted and hyper/exited talking about other things?

um, LOL?

haha, nah at the first interview its just getting to know the therapist and getting comfortable with the situation and all, next week is my first actual therapy session, plus I have a psychologist to give me the meds I need, I have an appointment with her on 9/11.
My wife went to therapy. My wifes therapist wanted to meet me. I obliged her.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've been in almost constant therapy since i was like 9, some of it was helpful and I enjoyed it, a lot of it really sucked, I like my current psychiatrist, especially since he actually does therapy instead of just giving me pills like most psychiatrists do nowadays (although they do tell you to go to a psychologist for therapy.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kensai

That made me think of this, a line I've stolen a long time ago and probably overused

Quote by HaKattack
I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I've been in almost constant therapy since i was like 9, some of it was helpful and I enjoyed it, a lot of it really sucked, I like my current psychiatrist, especially since he actually does therapy instead of just giving me pills like most psychiatrists do nowadays (although they do tell you to go to a psychologist for therapy.)

Your name now scares me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I voted no by accident, though I suppose I have.... It was quite a while ago.. and I think he was cool, but I don't really remember..
sup?
Quote by Eric 666
Oh man, this guy is really good and the fact that he can challenge you and not just listen to you talk is a really good thing too.

well depending on the type of therapy the therapist uses. If its Freuds crappy psychoanalysis, then that is just like talking to wall.

If the therapist uses cognitive-behavioral techniques (which is what I'm looking into), then the whole idea is that you and the therapist are on a team trying to challenege your problems and work them out. It is kind of like a teacher.

If you have a therapist that just sits there and listens and has no interaction, theres no point of having them
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
That's what he's trained and paid to do: act like he cares, but really, he couldn't care less
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by Eric 666
haha, nah at the first interview its just getting to know the therapist and getting comfortable with the situation and all, next week is my first actual therapy session, plus I have a psychologist to give me the meds I need, I have an appointment with her on 9/11.

Ohh I sense relapse going down!
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Kensai

+1
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
Quote by Kensai

+1, It's the healthiest thing to do.
Quote by The2abraxis
well depending on the type of therapy the therapist uses. If its Freuds crappy psychoanalysis, then that is just like talking to wall.

If the therapist uses cognitive-behavioral techniques (which is what I'm looking into), then the whole idea is that you and the therapist are on a team trying to challenege your problems and work them out. It is kind of like a teacher.

If you have a therapist that just sits there and listens and has no interaction, theres no point of having them

I dont know to the full extent really, again it was the first interview, but I am hopeful that its a team effort.
I've been to therapy. My therapist was actually really cool. He played guitar and we talked about music and weed and skydiving...

Good ole days, I'm tellin ya.

He had a beautiful Laguna acoustic that I'd just sit and doodle on while we talked. It was one of the most comfortable places I've been aside from my bed while I'm high.
Page 1 of 2