I won't be gigging for some time, but I want something better than my microcube so any suggestion? Right now I only have 200$, but I could get more. So far I kinda like the Blackheart Little Giant: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Blackheart%20Little%20Giant&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS271US271&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#q=Blackheart%20Little%20Giant%20metal&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS271US271&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv&filter=0&start=0

I want tube if possible =)

Bands: Pantera, Slayer, Chiodos, As I Lay Dying, Dream Theater, Metallica, and the like.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
The Blackheart really doesn't have the voicing for metal, even boosted. Not lack of gain boosted, just the voicing isn't right. I'd save up more and look for a used Krank Rev Jr.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Ohhh. I thought it sounded nice in that video.. You sure? He was using a Digi RP350 though...

EDIT: NOOOO. The purpose of buying a low watt amp was to save money. If I'm paying 700$ I'll buy something bigger
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
Ohhh. I thought it sounded nice in that video.. You sure? He was using a Digi RP350 though...

EDIT: NOOOO. The purpose of buying a low watt amp was to save money. If I'm paying 700$ I'll buy something bigger

There really aren't great low watt high gain tube combos for cheap.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
You won't get the bass response and "oompf" you need for metal with a tiny amp.
you can go the SS route and get a cube if you want, the krank rev jr. is really an amazing amp even for 20 watts(it says 25 on the amp though). also it is abnormally loud
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX-Series-V2XM-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481734

This sounds right up your ally to me. The graphic EQ even though its only 3 band is damn good for dialing in the right chug or crunch that you want, and you have a classic 3 band EQ along with it! The distortion on this amp is awesome too no doubt!
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
umm define metal? personally i get awesome metal tone out of a freaking class A amp from 1957. but that's the metal tone i like. check out the tone in my video in my sig. if you like that i imagine that a blackheart will do it

EDIT: granted...the recording quality on my video sucks....
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Aug 4, 2008,
yea u could pull off metallica and slayer and possibly dream theatre w/ an EQ (all bands need OD pedal fyi) but it's just too much trouble to buy the blackheart just so you'd have to crank it and overdrive it all the time.

randall RG50 sounds like a decent bet.

oh and you're NOT gonna get a tube amp less than 20 watts that is great for hi gain metal like you're wanting. the BH little giant has good bass response w/ the 12'' speaker, but prolly not as tight as a metal player needs, even w/ an EQ pedal fixing that, you're better off w/ an amp MADE for hi gain.

save up $500 or more and you'll be able to get some really nice options.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
If you want metal dont get a Blackheart..... I have one and a Cube 30X, Ill plug in the Cube if I want to practice low volume "metal". Like it was stated above, its voicing isnt there.....
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
^hey occub, not to jack the thread bout how does that mexi strat sound through the blackheart? you ever A/B the BH and Bugera?

also curious, how do the cleans on the bugera compare to the BH? obviously you gotta have the volume lower on the blackheart before it breaks up lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
^hey occub, not to jack the thread bout how does that mexi strat sound through the blackheart? you ever A/B the BH and Bugera?

also curious, how do the cleans on the bugera compare to the BH? obviously you gotta have the volume lower on the blackheart before it breaks up lol

to be honest I havent had a chance to mess with the cleans on the Bugera yet, got it a week ago and havent left the lead channel. The Strat is awsome with the Blackheart, nothing but bad ass blues.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
^ah i see lol!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i have a modded vj and get great metal tone at low volumes with a metal muff! you will also want a reverb pedal for sure.
My lil Vox Valvetronix does a good enough metal sound for me, I can recommend that but I've got the upgrade bug atm and I'm looking for a new good clean/metal amp for home too.

This guy makes the Tiny Terror sound ace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpZoWsFlJQ

But the Krank Rev Jr sound awesome here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuM6-rPXQgE

Both with boost pedals.

Pity the Marshall micro-stack sucks, it looks ****-hot, my flying V would look sexy leaning against it:

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productId=82
Last edited by Ausgeno at Aug 5, 2008,
Krank Rev Jr bro!
I get a killer modern metal sound out of mine especially with the addition of a TS9. If your after cleans and versitility then this may not be the best amp for you as the channels arn't footswitchable and the gain amp also doubles as a clean volume. I believe that the Rev Jr Pro model is coming out fairly soon and I've heard that its going to kick ass! You might want to wait until that comes out.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD