Whats the best guitar for zeppelin, telecaster, les paul, or strat,(other)?

thanks
Probably in order

Les Paul, Telecaster, Stratocaster.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Last edited by imafool18 at Aug 4, 2008,
mmm, telecaster page used on early zeppelin and the occasional late zeppelin, strat wasnt used very often. So definetly Tele or les paul, pick the one based on your prefered sound and feel. Telecaster has the brighter Whole Lot of Love , Stairway to Heaven solo sound, while the Les Paul is more the Black Dog & Rock N Roll tracks

Page used an assortment of guitars in the studio with alot of tricks to get interesting tones, so it will be difficult to nail the studio tones anyway
I like most earlier zepp better, but ive heard that teles are harder to "work"?
What do you mean by that?

Also what amp do you have? Amp is mroe important for a Zep sound really!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by IwantaTele
I like most earlier zepp better, but ive heard that teles are harder to "work"?

Depends on the player. Page himself said Teles were more of a fight. Can you be a little more specific about what tones you're after... you after stuff off of the first album or the second or early live stuff?

Quote by tands
yo strat is used on like In the Evening and thats really it

Yeah... unless you count The Crunge, Ten Years Gone, For Your Life and Hots On For Nowhere. A few other tracks from Presence are most likely a Strat as well.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Depends on the player. Page himself said Teles were more of a fight. Can you be a little more specific about what tones you're after... you after stuff off of the first album or the second or early live stuff?

Yeah... unless you count The Crunge, Ten Years Gone, For Your Life and Hots On For Nowhere. A few other tracks from Presence are most likely a Strat as well.

He started to use it tons towards the end of Led Zeppelin.

And maybe, I would go for a Tele. You can get a pretty decent Strat-ish tone out of it, maybe not a Les Paul one as such, but oh well, everyone knows Fender's better.

In my opinion.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
If I specifically wanted Zep tones, I'd pick up a Les Paul of some kind and a second hand Danelectro. Should be able to cover most of it with that.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
It doesn't matter - a guitar isn't even genre specific, let alone band specific. You'll be able to play Zeppelin stuff on any guitar you want....Jimmy Page had so many different tones that it's pointless worrying about it anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ agreed.

Quote by tands
mmm, telecaster page used on early zeppelin and the occasional late zeppelin, strat wasnt used very often. So definetly Tele or les paul, pick the one based on your prefered sound and feel. Telecaster has the brighter Whole Lot of Love , Stairway to Heaven solo sound, while the Les Paul is more the Black Dog & Rock N Roll tracks

Page used an assortment of guitars in the studio with alot of tricks to get interesting tones, so it will be difficult to nail the studio tones anyway

agreed.

i think he used a danelectro too, at times.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't matter - a guitar isn't even genre specific, let alone band specific. You'll be able to play Zeppelin stuff on any guitar you want....Jimmy Page had so many different tones that it's pointless worrying about it anyway.

There is also that. It's important to remember that Page changed his amp setup in the studio quite regularly, as well as changing guitar alot.

I still think a Danelectro is a good idea though...if only beause they're as cool as hell and I am trying to justify getting one for no real reason.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
go with the telecaster, and you need to get an amp that gives you that Zeppelin tone (I think Page used some Orange heads ? but I'm not sure )
i would get a tele.... especially cause your name is "i want a tele."
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Thanks i guess i gotta get a new amp too. stupid 15 watt, any cheap amp solution?
Quote by steven seagull

This is why I bought a Variax 700. I do wish it had a mandolin rather then a banjo.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Personally, id buy a 6000$ Jimmy page sig LP