Page 1 of 2
First post, so here goes. One of my friends in a sense is kinda of a poser. When someone asks him what genre he listens to he responds with Death metal. However he doesn't have any death metal on his ipod (besides like 2 songs of deicide, which mainly was a joke) idk why but it gets on my nerves, i mean im pretty much the only kid in the grade that listens to progressive death metal and i do it because i enjoy the music. What would drive someone to say the like a genre IF THEY DONT HAVE ANY OF THE F****** SONGS OF THAT GENRE. so any comments or advice to tell him hes got to stop being a poser (nicely)
Quote by MetalBass 77
First post, so here goes. One of my friends in a sense is kinda of a poser. When someone asks him what genre he listens to he responds with Death metal. However he doesn't have any death metal on his ipod (besides like 2 songs of deicide, which mainly was a joke) idk why but it gets on my nerves, i mean im pretty much the only kid in the grade that listens to progressive death metal and i do it because i enjoy the music. What would drive someone to say the like a genre IF THEY DONT HAVE ANY OF THE F****** SONGS OF THAT GENRE. so any comments or advice to tell him hes got to stop being a poser (nicely)

as much as i hate death metal.. i hate posers more. so here i go..

just start asking him questions about it that you know the answer too and that he doesnt. then trap him in a hole and say "you dont know anything about metal.. do you?.."
haha but i dont want to completely destroy our friendship but he doesnt get it. he made his freaking group name on a game, deathmetaljunki. actually maybe u could consider he has one album of death metal, Dethklok, but in all honestly there kind of a joke band.
Quote by Brokntragedy
as much as i hate death metal.. i hate posers more. so here i go..

just start asking him questions about it that you know the answer too and that he doesnt. then trap him in a hole and say "you dont know anything about metal.. do you?.."

Ive said to him "you know you dont have any Death metal on your ipod?" hes excuse is he doesnt know any bands. THEN HOW DO YOU LIKE THE DAMN GENRE?
everyones a noob at a genre at sometime, when you first started listening to death metal its not as if you knew everything about it just dont be a dick about it and introduce him to the genre
Sig space available, give me some praise
Reminds me of a kid I knew that bought a Clash t-shirt before he even owned any of their albums. Don't hang out with people like that, they're losers and they'll just bring you down.
Quote by MetalBass 77
maybe u could consider he has one album of death metal, Dethklok, but in all honestly there kind of a joke band.

as much as a joke band they may be, I find that they're still pretty good.

as for your friend, just show other people that he has Hannah Montana on his iPod and be like, "THIS is what he really listens to"
Quote by smb
Do this. What business of yours is it?

sorry kinda confused by that. should i say that to him or your saying it to me?
Quote by MetalBass 77

i think he meant you
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
everyones a noob at a genre at sometime, when you first started listening to death metal its not as if you knew everything about it just dont be a dick about it and introduce him to the genre

yea i know i kinda sound like a dick but he knows about a few bands but he hasnt really got their albums. and if he asked id tell him a few
Quote by MetalBass 77
I'm saying it to you, of course.
i have hannah montana on my iPod....

but only because the chicks dig it

Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Last edited by veggiederek at Aug 4, 2008,
Quote by kfilly20
worry more about yourself

don't worry about his **** if he wants to be that way let him eventaully he'll decide he doesn't accully like the music and he'll end his posur ness, thus problem sloved
probably stop listening to Dmetal. see if he changes his mind. although ive noticed posers hang out with other posers alot.. so you might wanna take a look at youself.. greenday is not deathmetal..
One time I met a kid who said he listened to Death Metal...
then he said that QOTSA was one of the Death Metal bands he listens to
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by Brokntragedy
probably stop listening to Dmetal. see if he changes his mind. although ive noticed posers hang out with other posers alot.. so you might wanna take a look at youself.. greenday is not deathmetal..

hahah you prob looked on my profile, i havent changed it in a while. just so some of you are questioning that i like the genre, I have two cannibal corpse albums ,KILL and the onther ones on the tip of my tounge, Opeth Blackwater park watershed damnation, BTBAM Colors, and DM isnt my only genre i listen to a bunch of other stuff
Constantly listen to it when you're with him, link him to it on Youtube, exchange trivia with him. If he survives, he'll probably be a real one by the end.
Yeah... a few douches at my school say they listen to death metal. One brought in a Demon Hunter CD, and they're more metalcore imo. Just about everyone thinks Slipknot is death metal.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
you know wat i should give him a second chance and ask him if he really wants to know about the genre and listen to a few bands. thanks for the advice guys
Quote by Megadeth2011
Yeah... a few douches at my school say they listen to death metal. One brought in a Demon Hunter CD, and they're more metalcore imo. Just about everyone thinks Slipknot is death metal.

thats what he said when i told him to list DM bands, he said slipknot, i said no. then he was like what are they, kinda implying that he thought they were death metal
just so everyone knows idc waht people listen to just dont lie, i think he likes the genre a little but not enough to say thats all he listens too. the majority of what he listens to is like van halen stuff.
Quote by MetalBass 77
hahah you prob looked on my profile, i havent changed it in a while. just so some of you are questioning that i like the genre, I have two cannibal corpse albums ,KILL and the onther ones on the tip of my tounge, Opeth Blackwater park watershed damnation, BTBAM Colors, and DM isnt my only genre i listen to a bunch of other stuff

btbam and opeth aren't death metal
Quote by facethewaste
btbam and opeth aren't death metal

Opeth i consider Progressive Death Metal which is what i mainly go for in DM. BTBAM some consider deathcore some consider death metal, either way pretty damn close to DM. plus i have some other DM bands im just too lazy to open up my ipod.

EDITamn i completely forgot about death, the ones who started it all. Also I have Cynic and Atheist. sorry i only got like 5 hours of sleep so im drawing a bit of a blank.
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Aug 4, 2008,
Blast some Nile and when he asks why you're doing it tell him "The power of Karl Sanders compels you to purify your soul."
haha nile. i should grab an album of them. can u suggest me one?

Edit: i only know sacrifice unto sebek
Quote by MetalBass 77
haha nile. i should grab an album of them. can u suggest me one?

Any album. At all.
I love Nile, and I love them even more now that I've found out I'm related to Karl.
Quote by The Silent Fool
Any album. At all.
I love Nile, and I love them even more now that I've found out I'm related to Karl.

relation to a DM member is pretty awesome. also is necrophagist any good? ive heard of them but havent really listened to their stuff

EDIT: Necrophagist sound pretty damn good. damn so much music i need to get
Quote by MetalBass 77
relation to a DM member is pretty awesome. also is necrophagist any good? ive heard of them but havent really listened to their stuff

EDIT: Necrophagist sound pretty damn good. damn so much music i need to get

Not just a DM member, but a legend. Yeah Necrophagist is good, so is Ityphallic, and every other album they have made.
Quote by MetalBass 77
how are you realted to him?

I think an uncle (or cousin even) by marriage, but I might be wrong.
Page 1 of 2