So we're a 4 (hoping to become a 5 with a bassist) piece metal band from Keller TX.

We're developing our meaning in time. The two songs on the myspace were more rehashes from our older project than our 'new sound'

I haven't really thrown a label/genre on us yet because quite frankly I haven't found one.

These tracks still have yet to be completely mastered, and you'll be able to tell in most places, namely the lead segments on The Addict, and the last vocal track on the same song.

I just couldn't wait to display them because I think they turned out very nicely, especially for our first studio visit.

www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx

Leave some feedback guys!
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
hey.
im not the biggest fan of metal music but from what i hear it sounds pretty solid.
This is badass. I really like it The Addict, it has a great arrangement, and it has a real nice quality to it. Vengeance is cool too! Record a few more tracks like these and you could be very successful
The Addict is a killer song.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
The addict is an incredibly catchy song, you have a very, very talented vocalist. Nice riffage in this one, I really like the solo too, it seems to fit quite well. Needless to say i like this song.

I didn't like vengeance as much as the addict, but neverthless, its still an overall tight song. It doesnt get boring though, I like the slow interlude in the middle.
I like Vengeance a lot. I wasn't too much a fan of the "breath in breath out" stuff but the rest was awesome. I like the vocals. The chorus gives me chills man. First time I heard it, the point that it turns soft/melodic I was like "oh ****!" I love when he starts singing clean. Very nice change, and very minimal transition time.

The Addict has a good intro bass line considering you don't have a bassist! Lol, but the rest didn't really make me go "oh ****!" in the same manner as Vengeance. The vocalist sounded a little more radio-friendly in this one...nothing wrong with that, I just felt it a little generic-sounding for the first half. But it's nice to know he can sing as well as scream, so I'm happy. 2:58 seems a little unimaginative to me to be playing on it's own, maybe it's just me. 5:00 was the only part that bothered me in terms of being awkwardly played...it's a great riff but I thought it coulda been played a little tighter. Upon listening to it a few times over, it doesn't stick out so much, but the first time I heard it, it was like sticking a wrench in the spokes of my audio bike after an otherwise tight song.

Nice lengths to the songs tho, The Addict seemed to draw on and on for a little too long but it was still a good stuff so I don't care too much.
Quote by EddieWan
I like Vengeance a lot. I wasn't too much a fan of the "breath in breath out" stuff but the rest was awesome. I like the vocals. The chorus gives me chills man. First time I heard it, the point that it turns soft/melodic I was like "oh ****!" I love when he starts singing clean. Very nice change, and very minimal transition time.

The Addict has a good intro bass line considering you don't have a bassist! Lol, but the rest didn't really make me go "oh ****!" in the same manner as Vengeance. The vocalist sounded a little more radio-friendly in this one...nothing wrong with that, I just felt it a little generic-sounding for the first half. But it's nice to know he can sing as well as scream, so I'm happy. 2:58 seems a little unimaginative to me to be playing on it's own, maybe it's just me. 5:00 was the only part that bothered me in terms of being awkwardly played...it's a great riff but I thought it coulda been played a little tighter. Upon listening to it a few times over, it doesn't stick out so much, but the first time I heard it, it was like sticking a wrench in the spokes of my audio bike after an otherwise tight song.

Nice lengths to the songs tho, The Addict seemed to draw on and on for a little too long but it was still a good stuff so I don't care too much.

Thanks much for the critique. Yeah. Me and Jeremy (other guitarist) just tracked the bass to our respective song for now until we get an actual spot filled.

I definitely agree with the things you've said. Now that I listen to the 2:58 mark I completely agree. That's something that can be fixed easily live.

Our newer music is merging the vocal prowess of The Addict with the otherwise heavier and dominant instruments used in Vengeance, so hopefully it wont disappoint.

Keep it coming guys. Truly appreciate it. The mastered versions should be coming here within the next week or so.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx