yea i gotta another problem does anyone no y my strigds sqeuck its realy anoying and its pissing me off a lil im open to any suggestions to stop it
... What??

Um... I guess change your strings... and type so people can understand you. Be more specific about this 'sqeuck' please.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
... What??

Um... I guess change your strings... and type so people can understand you. Be more specific about this 'sqeuck' please.

I'm not sure if you can't actually read that or if you're being a pretentious douche.

If they're squeaking because your fingers are doing minuscule slides, lift your fingers all the way up before moving them. If they're squeaking on an open note, your strings could be rusty or just worn out
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I'm not sure if you can't actually read that or if you're being a pretentious douche.

Some of both...

It sure would be helpful to get more details. When does this squeak occur? When you're playing? When sliding?
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
sorry i was not paying attention when i typed my bad the strings sqeuck when i slide up or down the fret board they did this when i first had them on aand evetualy quit but i thought that was cuz they were new now there sqeucking again
I don't fully understand but if you mean the sliding sound you get when sliding your fingers on the strings. Lift your fingers when moving down the fretboard
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
i think he's saying it sounds like a pick slide but much quicker or quieter

That happens to everyone, it'll go away when your strings get dull
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Say cool.

Now say whip.

Coolwhip.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
I have no idea what you're talking about. So here is a rabbit with a Pancake on its head:

What do you do that causes the squeaks? Just moving your fretting hand up and down the strings? you could use some kind of lubricant like icyhot finger-ease which could get rid of it a bit, if this is the case, or use flatwound strings- although these will give you a different tone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
I have no idea what you're talking about. So here is a rabbit with a Pancake on its head:

What do you do that causes the squeaks? Just moving your fretting hand up and down the strings? you could use some kind of lubricant like icyhot finger-ease which could get rid of it a bit, if this is the case, or use flatwound strings- although these will give you a different tone.

+1
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Either new strings or string lube would be your best bet. You might just wanna try turning down the gain if you think there is nothing wrong with your strings.
THIS THREAD IS ****ING FUNNY

yeah it is

you need a new set of fingers dude, yours have gone bad,.... new fingers forreals
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by stratdud39
even when u respelt it TWICE u stil coudnt spell it right...

no i was not being a douch i just type to fast to make it legiable haha and yes i screwed it up the second time i typed it my bad
Quote by Blompcube

this is epic
Quote by the-leperchaun
no i was not being a douch i just type to fast to make it legiable haha and yes i screwed it up the second time i typed it my bad

Seriously? You have to defend yourself from a year old insult?

stop drunk posting on UG... that's my advice.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.