Well tonight my dad and i went to the local shop and got him a good beginner setup.

He got an Artic White, maple fretboard MIM Strat

and a Cube 30

Ive heard alot of mixed reviews about MIM fenders, that some are good and some are duds, and you must play them. Well thats true, we played 3 other MIM fender and the White Strat. One was a HSS Strat that the screws on the humbucker tightened so much the pickup was bent. Another one was a tele with scratchy pots, and another tele with a bad bridge.

The Strat is amazing, i have played american strats before, and while you can tell they go through better quality control, this one was very similar. Especially plugged in, the pickups sounded like a good strat is supposed to sound like, punchy and jangly. The neck, while not like the neck on my jem, is good and comfortable.

Now about the cube....

If i see another "what amp to get" thread and someone says something like this "Get a valveking, its tube" i will be mad.

THE CUBE 30 IS THE BEST AMP IN THAT PRICE RANGE

Ill say it again, yes its SS, thats not the end of the world, sure you may have had a spider, but roland is the master of SS, they made the JC120, one of the best SS amps ever made.

They certaintly took the technology on that and put it on the cube. All of the models sound similar and believable, while die-hard tube players will hear the digitalness of the tones, they are no where near as digital as a Spider.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by hassle-the-hoff
CUBES PWN!!

and wat a pot

Its an amazing plant...

ha, no its the things that the volume and tone knobs spin into

but seriously.....
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Teh GIR
Its an amazing plant...

ha, no its the things that the volume and tone knobs spin into

but seriously.....

oh, thats what i thought, is this short form for potentiometer by any chance?>
Quote by hassle-the-hoff
oh, thats what i thought, is this short form for potentiometer by any chance?>

Yeah i think so
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ive submitted over 3 reviews to this site, and none of them showed up
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Nice. I disagree with the VK part, a CUBE 30 is not even two thirds the price of a Valveking 112, so the cube is cheaper. Also, the Valveking has significantly more headroom. I've played through Cube's before, and I think they sound too squashed to me, whereas the Valveking sounded open and full.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I tried the Cube 30 and liked it, but I like the sound of a tube amp better, so I got my Fender
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"