I'm looking forward to get a Peavey classic 30 amp.. and then upgrade my pickups.
Im looking at seymour duncan..
For the bridge, i've decided the SH-4 JB.
For the neck, should i buy the 59 or the Jazz?
I might have to buy the jazz because it come in a set with the JB.
I play Basically everything except metal...(christian, classic rock, alternative)
Which one? If i get the Jazz, i see that there is a Regular set(JB,JAzz) and special set with the nickel covers. Would it change the tone if it has the cover? which one should i get?
I have the Nickel Covered set in my Epi Les Paul and I have a Vox AC-30. Sound is really awesome better than any other guitar I own so I would try that I think you would like it. I also play in the praise worship band at my church but unlike you I play a lot of metal. They hit everything in between. Try 'em.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
I don't know about the jazz, but i've got the '59, and it's a fantastic pickup. That son of a bitch freakin' roars.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
thx... i'll try them both.... and if they are about same, ill get the jazz since it's the set. i guess ill save up more for the nickel cover set since i don't really want my g-400 to look different.... I'll upgrade my g-400 deluxe flame top like a gibson until i get a american strat!
Anyway.... if i buy new tuning machine heads, would it stay in tune better(i think gibson vintage tuning heads are cool)? And anyone got a picture of a g-400 with open-coil humbuckers? itll be good if it was same as mine too
i'd be inclined to go for something less hot than a JB, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I was thinking the same thing.

If you are set on seymour duncan then I would recomend a 59 neck and custom 5 bridge. If you can bring yourself away from the idea of duncan I could do you something with custom specs and hand wound for a similar price.
Not taking any online orders.
Check out GFS pickups (assuming you're in the states). They sound fantastic and are stupidly underpriced.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by CorduroyEW
^I was thinking the same thing.

If you are set on seymour duncan then I would recomend a 59 neck and custom 5 bridge. If you can bring yourself away from the idea of duncan I could do you something with custom specs and hand wound for a similar price.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by hatooku
I'm looking forward to get a Peavey classic 30 amp.. and then upgrade my pickups.
Im looking at seymour duncan..
For the bridge, i've decided the SH-4 JB.
For the neck, should i buy the 59 or the Jazz?
I might have to buy the jazz because it come in a set with the JB.
I play Basically everything except metal...(christian, classic rock, alternative)
Which one? If i get the Jazz, i see that there is a Regular set(JB,JAzz) and special set with the nickel covers. Would it change the tone if it has the cover? which one should i get?
You should probably wait until after you get the Classic 30, because then you'll know what's lacking in your tone, and then you can get exactly what pickups you need to tweak your tone.
also agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd be inclined to go for something less hot than a JB, to be honest.

yeah but jb and jazz come in a set lol
So? You can buy pickups seperately.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
So? You can buy pickups seperately.

it saves money and the set is already hot rodded
Hot rodded? What does that mean? Really, tell me. It's not cheaper if you end up buying another pickup to replace one you don't want, remember that.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
^ agreed, "hot-rodded" doesn't mean anything. i agree as well, you aren't saving any money on the set if it doesn't do what you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
different tone, different amount of output... i think the sh5 is the custom? i think it has a ceramic magnet, the jb has alnico V. the custom V (it's the sh14, i think?) might be more along the lines of what you're after, but i've only tried the sh5.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so the sh-14 is good for me since it has less output and i don't do metal? is it strong enough to do acdc? can you still play metal with it?
oh, it'd be (at least based on the spec; as i said, i haven't tried it) more than heavy enough to do ac/dc. ac/dc uses pretty much vintage output pickups.

it should be fine for metal too, i'd have thought.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?