How do I do that harmonic whammy thing he does after the triplet part?
Sound to me like a couple of pinch harmonics with the whammy bar pulled upwards and jerked back and forth.
Signatures are overrated.
The first is a natural harmonic around the 3rd fret, with the whammy bar. The second, is a trick he learned from Joe Satriani, and it may not work on your guitar. Just past the 22nd fret, pull down on the high e string so it is off the neck, and play that note. Again, this note uses whammy bar as well.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Moe.
Sound to me like a couple of pinch harmonics with the whammy bar pulled upwards and jerked back and forth.

What string though? And the pinched harmonics come after the natural harmonics part. I can hear that, I don't know how to do that part though.
Quote by fob12
What string though? And the pinched harmonics come after the natural harmonics part. I can hear that, I don't know how to do that part though.

It sounds to me like it's on the high e string.
Signatures are overrated.
He's bending at the 22nd fred and shaking the whammy bar IIRC

/not sure which part we're talking about
Quote by CowboyUp
oh that? He's hitting a natural harmonic at the third fret on the G string.

I'm using the GP version of the tab, but it says 4 fret, A.H. and something pulling the high e string.
its a bum note on the studio version. he pulled the e string off the fretboard and then pulled the bar up. live, he uses a pinch harmonic on the 4th fret of the G string, but it sounds better if you hit a natural harm. on the 3rd fret of the g string and the dive and raise the bar.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
its a bum note on the studio version. he pulled the e string off the fretboard and then pulled the bar up.

I heard he actually snapped the string at that point.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
I heard he actually snapped the string at that point.

no, he never snapped the string.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.