Hey guys. I bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio 8 years ago. What is the difference between "Studios" and "standards" and all other high end models. I know the obvious reasons such as the quality/grade of wood that is used (AAAA, AAA, AA). The Les Paul Supreme is $5,190 and it is AAAA wood. So gorgeous. And I know the pick ups affect the price too, but I don't think that those reasons alone justify such an increase in price (to a Standard). Anyone know?
Electric guitar thread

I won't report you, though. I've done enough of that
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I also would like to know that... and how come they make several types of same type guitars just add a "special" or "studio" in it. For example there are like 6 types of telecasters.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
some have differences in hardware, differences in controls available. There are a bunch of really small reasons where the only way u can tell is 2 compare a features list side by side
Quote by cboisits
Hey guys. I bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio 8 years ago. What is the difference between "Studios" and "standards" and all other high end models. I know the obvious reasons such as the quality/grade of wood that is used (AAAA, AAA, AA). The Les Paul Supreme is $5,190 and it is AAAA wood. So gorgeous. And I know the pick ups affect the price too, but I don't think that those reasons alone justify such an increase in price (to a Standard). Anyone know?

there is no way in the world i would pay $5000 for a guitar.
Quote by Mr_Jones
there is no way in the world i would pay $5000 for a guitar.

You must not have the money!
Coz I sure as hell would

And I've often wondered the difference also
My signature has doubled...