so, my friend is currently attending a guitar luthier school out in arizona, so we've been scheming on what would be a nice bass project to tinker around with. i came up with the materials and such (mostly warmoth) but i cant friggin find darkstar pickups for purchase anywhere online. buypikups.com is currently non-existant, and overly expensive regardless ($400 seems steep per pickup......).

so, the question i put to UG, where can i get them at the reviews' quoted price of $280 a pop? i ask you before talkbass because i dont want to offend fred by asking outright where i can gt his pickups way cheaper than his list price.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Try ebay or source them from the manufacturer directly?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
The problem is that Fred sells them at 400 a pop on his site and he is the manufacturer.

crazypeanutman, you could try email him for his "select dealer" list and start there. Another option would be to find someone who sells parts for Lakland and Guild guitars, since they carry models with Darkstar pickups.